ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

image comparer desktop software

<< < (5/7) > >>

4wd:
After saying you may be out of luck, here's something I've found: Image Forensics Search System

What is IFSS?

Image Forensic Search System (IFSS) is free, open source software for image searching. It allows you to

* search a target image within another image, or
* search images that are similar to a target image.
--- End quote ---

The main motivation behind the development of the IFSS software was to assist law enforcement agencies and similar organisations when they need to find whether a particular image (which they already possess) is stored in the typically thousands of images on a hard disk. For example, the police may have an image showing illegal activity of some kind, and wish to automatically search a seized hard disk to see whether the image is on that hard disk.

The IFSS software uses a simple 'wizard' so the user can quickly choose the source image, type of search, search parameters, and which folder to start searching in.
The two types of search are

* a search for images which are similar to the source image presented to the system, and
* a search for the source image inside other images, commonly called image within image search.
--- End quote ---

NOTE: I haven't used it so I can't tell you how fast/slow, good/bad it is.

fenixproductions:
For 1 on 1 comparison I use Beyond Compare:
http://www.scootersoftware.com/moreinfo.php?zz=screenshot&shot=PixCompare

For bigger jobs – Image Magic:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/compare/

Both solutions I found pretty useful.

Contro:
 ;D

Owwwwwwww. I will comment about everything, but at these moments i continue scanning with Photology. Must be making a enormous image database. I think is similar to Picasa or something like that scanning....
 :-*

Contro:
Indexing complete 140662 photos is the message from photology a few minutes ago. I have seen now. May be an hour ago, not more.
 ;D
So the process is completed.. Now going to search
 :P

Contro:
Is thinking I think after completing the indexing......

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version