topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Question about Save As  (Read 3408 times)

Shaketown

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Question about Save As
« on: June 10, 2013, 01:16 PM »
Greetings,

I have recently upgraded to the current version of SSC and I notice that the behavior of Save As has changed.

When I choose Save As, the program appends 002 to the current file name. I would prefer that it not do that, but I can't find any setting to change this behavior.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Question about Save As
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:55 PM »
Hi Shaketown,

It's only adding the 002 because there is another file with the same name already in that directory.  If you change the SaveAs directory to a different one, in the future i think it won't do that.

Does that solve your problem or are you really needing it to not add the 002 even if the file already exists.  I could add an option for that if it's something people want (for example if they frequently overwrite the SaveAs files).

Shaketown

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Thanks for you quick response.

I have my own system for adding a suffix to the name of the file, to reflect how it has been modified from the original, so I don't need SSC to do that for me.

It's just a minor inconvenience for me to replace the 002 with my own suffix--not a big deal. I just noticed this behavior was different than the previous version I had been using before updating.

Anyway, thanks for making this excellent program available. I'll be sending a donation your way.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 02:08 PM »
I have my own system for adding a suffix to the name of the file, to reflect how it has been modified from the original, so I don't need SSC to do that for me.

That makes sense, and i can see others being in same situation.  I will add an option to disable this feature.

Anyway, thanks for making this excellent program available. I'll be sending a donation your way.

Always appreciated!