ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Kingsoft Office 2013 PRO giveaway

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
extended trial

------------

edit2:
Looking at their history, the program will be offered for free again within a year. So, theoretically, very theoretically, you could end up upgrading to version 2014 for free

superboyac:
   Beware-ware?

"Free" as in not-ware?

:-\
-40hz (June 18, 2013, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D

40hz:
extended trial

------------

edit2:
Looking at their history, the program will be offered for free again within a year. So, theoretically, very theoretically, you could end up upgrading to version 2014 for free

-Curt (June 18, 2013, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D Awesome!

@Curt - Thx for the find either way. It's really a shame they feel the need (or possibly even do need) to play these games. I bought a copy of KO some years back. It's a very capable office suite. I recall I liked it even better than Softmaker Office at that point in time. Which was why I bought it.
 8)

Stoic Joker:
Q: When is "a giveaway" not a giveaway?

A: When it's a one year loan.

:P

Maybe it's time to create a new term for something like this?

Boomerang-ware?

Loaner-ware?

Beware-ware?

"Free" as in not-ware?

:-\
-40hz (June 18, 2013, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gotta say I'm a little surprised you went there on this one. Because to me it actually does rather make sense (in its own context). The software is "sold" using a 1 year subscription model ...(yeah SaaS - Wretch)... So you're getting a free 1 year subscription just like a normal (for SaaS) purchase. Hence they're not really tricking anyone with the 1 year freebie. Because that is how it sold.

It's just one of the many downsides to the dark new world we're all getting dragged down into.

40hz:
^You're right. I did miss the fact they went to a subscription model.  :-[

And for which I wish them good luck because I don't see where the value added is for an office *desktop* app being by subscription only. Seriously, What needs ongoing annual updates? The dictionaries?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version