ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 4.5 Beta - Request for testers

<< < (2/5) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Mouser,
Somewhere in X versions, by now with the new V4.5 I am having trouble with the keyboard grabs starting with control-printscreen to grab an active window.

1. First of all, as of right now, that sequence doesn't seem to do anything at all. But even worse, in the spreadsheet programs, it seems to activate some command in there, meaning you have a hot-key "fight". Any ideas?
2. As more of a "next feature enhancement", I am unable to get screen grabs of things like drop down menus because to go over and left click on SC "steals focus" so then the drop down window goes away. Examples are in the office programs, but likely in other places such as Yahoo Mail.

Mini sidebar - Yahoo finally got aggressive this month and began to "bully" switching out of legacy classic mail as "unsupported". (It was no surprise, they began indicating that a year ago, but now they began using a mean full screen pop-up.) The new version has a lot of "soft rollover" menus, as well as some "click-drop" ones.

So for example if I wanted to SC some of those menus, it's that focus problem again. Any ideas?

Cheers,

--Tao

mouser:
Somewhere in X versions, by now with the new V4.5 I am having trouble with the keyboard grabs starting with control-printscreen to grab an active window. 1. First of all, as of right now, that sequence doesn't seem to do anything at all. But even worse, in the spreadsheet programs, it seems to activate some command in there, meaning you have a hot-key "fight". Any ideas?
--- End quote ---

Check the SC hotkey configuration and make sure ctrl+prtscr is set to do what you think it is.  If so, it sounds like your other spreadsheet program is taking it over.

2. As more of a "next feature enhancement", I am unable to get screen grabs of things like drop down menus because to go over and left click on SC "steals focus" so then the drop down window goes away. Examples are in the office programs, but likely in other places such as Yahoo Mail.

--- End quote ---

why are you trying to "go over and left click on SC" instead of just hitting the PrtScr hotkey to capture the screen?

mouser:
the list view is not working in 4.0.3. selecting list view changes to detail view
-lanux128 (June 18, 2013, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

can you elaborate a little bit or take a screenshot (under Capture menu you can take a screenshot of SC itself)?

TaoPhoenix:
Somewhere in X versions, by now with the new V4.5 I am having trouble with the keyboard grabs starting with control-printscreen to grab an active window. 1. First of all, as of right now, that sequence doesn't seem to do anything at all. But even worse, in the spreadsheet programs, it seems to activate some command in there, meaning you have a hot-key "fight". Any ideas?
--- End quote ---

Check the SC hotkey configuration and make sure ctrl+prtscr is set to do what you think it is.  If so, it sounds like your other spreadsheet program is taking it over.

--- End quote ---

why are you trying to "go over and left click on SC" instead of just hitting the PrtScr hotkey to capture the screen?
-mouser (June 18, 2013, 07:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well at this exact second (it was fine an hour ago) it's misbehaving and not capturing anything at all, but I didn't think to try the plain screen capture hotkey. Does that "steal focus"? Left Clicking on SC was that little mini feature you put in a few months ago.

But where do I "Check the SC hotkey configuration"? I was just following the directions from the right-click tray menu.

mouser:
I was just following the directions from the right-click tray menu.
--- End quote ---

dont use the tray menu to take screenshots -- consider the tray menu just a reminder of your hotkeys.
you can find hotkey configuration in the preferences dialog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version