ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ministry of Truth - Washington Post changes wording in its archive about PRISM

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
Well, it depends... was the article annotated that it was changed?  Or just changed?  It's the latter that is the problem.

superboyac:
You know, this is why I have bouts with distrust and skepticism.  Everything that I've personally learned in life is that most important *things* have a lot of meticulous work put into it.  But whenever a curious person inquires into such *things*, the picture they receive is normally pretty mellow, harmless, careless, "it is what it is" type of attitude, "right place, right time", mr. magoo.

However...every time I look into one of these things, you notice how NOT like that it is.  It's all crafted very meticulously, carefully, control-freaky, secretly.  So what kind of positive conclusion are you supposed to draw from that, especially when *that* is what the actual facts are?

40hz:
Well, it depends... was the article annotated that it was changed?  Or just changed?  It's the latter that is the problem.
-wraith808 (June 17, 2013, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Just changed, according to Forbes.

Hmm...on second thought...why am I now trusting what Forbes said happened?

(Kidding! But that's where actions like this can lead us if they aren't at least questioned. ;) )

40hz:
It's all crafted very meticulously, carefully, control-freaky, secretly.  So what kind of positive conclusion are you supposed to draw from that, especially when *that* is what the actual facts are?
-superboyac (June 17, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

The conclusion I've drawn is:

a) That we are being systematically lied to by those who are supposed to providing us with accurate information.

b) I'm getting awfully tired of being lied to.

Don't know if that qualifies as "positive", however. ;D

8) :)

superboyac:
It's all crafted very meticulously, carefully, control-freaky, secretly.  So what kind of positive conclusion are you supposed to draw from that, especially when *that* is what the actual facts are?
-superboyac (June 17, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

The conclusion I've drawn is:

a) That we are being systematically lied to by those who are supposed to providing us with accurate information.

b) I'm getting awfully tired of being lied to.

Don't know if that qualifies as "positive", however. ;D

8) :)
-40hz (June 17, 2013, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Those are the conclusions I've drawn as well.  The harder question is what do I do about it?  And funny enough, the most reasonable answer I've been able to come up that actually works in practice is......ignore it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version