ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] copy on select

<< < (3/3)

kalos:
I've taken DragKing 1.3 source, renamed it to DragKing2 1.0, modified it to preserve the clipboard contents and save the selection in a buffer. The hotkey (default: Middle-button) then pastes from that buffer. I disabled the Ctrl-C hotkey for copying, as it should not interfere with normal clipboard operations.

Note:
- All credits should go to Skrommel
- Source only
- I didn't include any icons as Skrommel has in the compiled exe
- Use at your own risk

Download attached.
-Ath (June 15, 2013, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

thanks! will try asap

EDIT:
1) can you make it silent please? without popping info about chars etc
2) is it possible to make it NOT to alter the buffer content when after selection of text, we click ctrl_c or context menu Copy, or in general normal clipboard contents change to the selected text: so to have totally independent two clipboards
3) have the switchable option to paste with right click (and evoke context menu with ctrl held down and right click)
thanks!

sword:
I'm not sure if 'middle mouse click' was specifically available as an option in Advanced Clipboard Manager but it was *highly configurable*. You might check it out through the URLs I posted in:
"Any better Clipboard program", General Software Discussion, Reply # 40, Dec. 28, 2010

Ath:
EDIT:
2) is it possible to make it NOT to alter the buffer content when after selection of text, we click ctrl_c or context menu Copy, or in general normal clipboard contents change to the selected text: so to have totally independent two clipboards
3) have the switchable option to paste with right click (and evoke context menu with ctrl held down and right click)
thanks!
-kalos (June 15, 2013, 05:35 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll have a good look at your remarks later today.

Ath:
--- End quote ---
That's actually a setting, inherited from DragKing...:
[IDEA] copy on select

2) is it possible to make it NOT to alter the buffer content when after selection of text, we click ctrl_c or context menu Copy,
--- End quote ---
Hmm, too much hassle to try and put that in, sorry, someone else could maybe try to add that.
You are trying to have 1 hotkey (Ctrl-C) for 2 clipboards. That's not ever going to work right, IMHO.

or in general normal clipboard contents change to the selected text: so to have totally independent two clipboards
--- End quote ---
That's what it currently is supposed to be.

--- End quote ---
That exceeds my AHK knowledge, and the amount of time I can put into it, so another: Sorry, won't do.

Much of what you ask can already be achieved, in maybe a little different way, by many of the Clipboard extenders/managers available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version