ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[IDEA] copy on select

<< < (2/3) > >>

4wd:
The new in your idea is not copy on select, but paste on middle-click; many programs will offer to copy on select.-Curt (June 14, 2013, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not really that new, it's a common X Windows feature, one that you can have in Windows by using TXMouse.

Unfortunately, TXMouse uses the default clipboard so it misses out on that point.

kalos:
I need a seperate clipboard, because sometimes I select text without the intention to copy it, so I wouldn't like it to replace my clipboard data

Ath:
I've taken DragKing 1.3 source, renamed it to DragKing2 1.0, modified it to preserve the clipboard contents and save the selection in a buffer. The hotkey (default: Middle-button) then pastes from that buffer. I disabled the Ctrl-C hotkey for copying, as it should not interfere with normal clipboard operations.

Note:
- All credits should go to Skrommel
- Source only
- I didn't include any icons as Skrommel has in the compiled exe
- Use at your own risk

Download attached.

Curt:
I cannot imagine anyone offering the middle-click option.-Curt (June 14, 2013, 12:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

-hmm... I now realize one of my Firefox addons does exactly this:
Imagine that!   :-[

cmpm:
Not to take away any from the other posts, but would XMouse work?

http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Like TXMouse, it still uses the default clipboard. Unless you come up with a combination that will do what you want it to do. There are a lot of actions that can be assigned to the mouse buttons with XMouse.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version