ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (158/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
I sent messages to three others who'd expressed interest in auditioning, but I'm hoping my friend Wayne call pull a crew together.

kyrathaba:
I'll give it 36 hours to bake. See if anyone else auditions. Then we'll decide. But yeah, Aaron's awesome! Perry, c'mon guy! You did the cover, you helped with proofreading. At least audition for the narrator...  :D

kyrathaba:
Another audition, this time from Karl.

kyrathaba:
Not sure Aaron is a viable contestant. I'd made clear in a message that I can't afford upfront payment and would be interested in an ongoing royalty-split. I just got this from him:

Hi William,

I'm glad to hear you liked my performance! ~:-D

I'm in love with post-apocalyptic/dystopian genres and I just had to audition when I read the manuscript. I don't typically do the Royalty Share split any more, but I included a note in my audition about a proposed rate of $275pfh. Would you be open to a fixed rate for production and with you retaining full rights? I'm a dedicated professional narrator with a broadcast quality WhisperRoom, top of the line industry standard microphones, and a ProTools workstation.

At this rate, ACX/Audible will contribute to my healthcare and retirement. It covers my research, mark-up, narration, editing, and proofing (roughly 60 hours for a 10hr book) to ensure your book is word perfect to bring all of your carefully crafted thoughts, feelings and characters to life. You will retain all rights to the material, and all royalties from audiobook sales will be paid to you.

Total estimated production cost for your title at ~7.6hrs x $275pfh is:  $2090

Please let me know your thoughts, as this book sounds AWESOME, and I'd love to work something out.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
It's easy to see why a royalty payment wouldn't be attractive to a narrator of a first book by an unknown author..
And easy to see why you can't afford to pay for such services.

Well, keep Aaron in mind for book two, and concentrate on finding a volunteer who can work for little or no money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version