ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (107/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
It couldn't munge it worse than Jutoh. And Sigil is OSS and from what I've gleaned, the dev team is highly knowledgeable about the inner workings of Epub.

kyrathaba:
Got my first review on Goodreads:

Rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book because I know the guy who wrote it. Holy smokes, I didn't realize this guy could write!

I liked the gritty tone, the fact that the author maintains a brisk pacing, and -- being me -- I LOVED the androids' by-play with the humans, especially the elevator scene with the med tech! Laughed till I cried!

Unlike most ebooks I download for free or purchase, this one had almost no obvious errors. Apparently, some proofreading went into it.

Is it of the same caliber as Clarke? Aasimov? Perhaps not yet. But it was a well-executed book. It ends on a major cliff-hanger, which makes me want to strangle the author. That being illegal, I'm going to pester him to hurry up and write the sequel!

If you like sci-fi generally, studded with humor and gritty realism, you'll like this book.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
Congrats!  That's a great review- especially towards the proofreading  :Thmbsup:

kyrathaba:
Yeah, I thought that was a real tip of the hat to Perry and 4wd, when a reviewer notes that great proofreading has occurred!

For those of you who don't Facebook:

Tomorrow is my 42nd birthday (yeah, I'm gettin' some gray hairs). In celebration, I'm making my book, Kyrathaba Rising, 15% off all day tomorrow. Use the following coupon code when you checkout from Smashwords: PD89G Again, the coupon is PD89G The link for my book is: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/339398
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
Update on the novel's retail coverage:

Smashwords: YES (but not yet approved for Premium Catalog {needed to promote it to Sony eReader} - *twiddles thumbs*)
Amazon: YES
Scribd: YES
Payhip: YES
Booktango: IN PROCESS
Barnes & Noble: IN PROCESS
GooglePlay: IN PROCESS (they will make it available in Japan, France, United States, Russia, South Korea, Spain, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Italy, Canada)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version