ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (100/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Guys, I got Prologue through Ch 8 comments actioned.

In my MS:

(a) GSAR to ensure capitalization of "Administrator"
(b) GSAR to ensure hyphenation of "auto-guns"

Backups in 4 local drives and 3 online locations.

Samples downloaded

From DC hosting: 217
From Scribd: 39 reads, 50 followers
From Issuu: 7 reads, 438 impressions, 19 Like
Facebook author Fan Page: 80 Likes

Three review sites and one author friend are reviewing for "overall effect" (is this an enjoyable read?)

kyrathaba:
For those following this thread,  I emailed Perry and 4wd tonight and outlined our timetable for getting through with final edits by deadline.  In brief, I'm asking them to consider the Prologue through Chapter 8 done, and to concentrate on the remaining chapters with an eye out just for these things: tautologies, logic errors, typos, and other grammatical errors.

Then, lf we get the book drudged for those bottom-feeders, we can go back and leisurely tweak phrasing, and do other polishing.  The goal for right now, however, is to rid the book of any remaining outright errors prior to my deadline.

kyrathaba:
Perry and 4wd have been hard at work: I've got the MS locked-in from Prologue through end of Chapter 11. Great job, guys! Will await your feedback on further chapters.

kyrathaba:
Okay, I've got three previously published authors reading the book (and maybe a 4th: see below). If they like it, they'll offer a blurb for me to insert at the beginning of the book.

The authors are:

* Shane Etter
* Richard Stephenson
* Randall Peterson
* Renee Pawlish ("I'm not really into sci-fi, though...")

wraith808:
Impressive - how did you manage that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version