ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (80/186) > >>

4wd:
Well, at the moment I'd have to say it's a flop since other than reading I'm unable to do anything else.

I'm wondering whether mouser is able to create a, for example, special project sub-forum with access only by members he designates?

Kind of like a slightly enhanced of the My Personal Area one where the members can be nominated by the My Personal Area owner - if you get my drift.

Otherwise, a SVN is probably the way to go.

wraith808:
Well, at the moment I'd have to say it's a flop since other than reading I'm unable to do anything else.

I'm wondering whether mouser is able to create a, for example, special project sub-forum with access only by members he designates?

Kind of like a slightly enhanced of the My Personal Area one where the members can be nominated by the My Personal Area owner - if you get my drift.

Otherwise, a SVN is probably the way to go.
-4wd (July 05, 2013, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

It depends on the settings on the document.  When being added, you have to be given the ability to comment.  It works very well, and versions.

Perry Mowbray:
I've used Gdocs as a group before and it's great fun... everyone editing at the same time in real time...

It may need some persistence to overcome your reluctance?

kyrathaba:
Perry, have you set it up on Gdocs, and added us with the appropriate permissions? If so, shoot me a link and I'll start taking a look...

Perry Mowbray:
It depends on the settings on the document.  When being added, you have to be given the ability to comment.  It works very well, and versions.
-wraith808 (July 05, 2013, 07:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually the settings are to allow:

* Editing
* Comments
* Viewing
Everyone has edit rights...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version