ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (78/186) > >>

mouser:
What's the goal in terms of length? How much more is left to write?

Perry Mowbray:
On the subject of feedback, do you want us to keep posting here or email you?  

I think it's useful for each other to see what each is proposing but you may not want to" give away" any more of the plot in an open forum.
-4wd (July 04, 2013, 08:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I definitely appreciate seeing other people's suggestions, and often don't double up.

What about a GDoc or other private collaborative document? That way everyone can see each other's annotations.

kyrathaba:
Here or u guys can collab via gdocs and send me your consensus recommendations.

Mouser, target length, excluding front- and back-matter is 80k+ words. Currently 75% there.

4wd:
"in comparison to what the aliens had learned that the natives referred to as North America and Europe." Should that be 'in comparison to what the aliens had learned of what the natives referred to as North America and Europe.'?
--- End quote ---

Fixed:

This land mass had surprisingly few surviving pockets of humanity, in comparison to what the aliens had learned of what the natives referred to as ‘North America’ and ‘Europe’. -kyrathaba (July 04, 2013, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I found the above section rather difficult to comprehend, I knew what you meant but it just didn't read well.  So possibly scrambling it around:

In comparison to what the natives referred to as 'North America' and 'Europe', the aliens had discovered that this land mass had surprisingly few surviving pockets of humanity.

Perry Mowbray:
What's the consensus for feedback location?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version