ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (53/186) > >>

4wd:
Then it turned, and swam back out into the underwater cave until it was beyond the range of Grant’s helmet light.
--- End quote ---

After Grants previous meticulous scientific observations I was hoping for something a little more descriptive than 'swam' ;)-Perry Mowbray (June 27, 2013, 12:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Then it turned and propelled itself gracefully through the water towards the tunnel opening.  Grant, who hadn't yet seen the back of the creature, then noted that his earlier presumption regarding the creature's dorsel fin was correct, it did run the full length of its back.  Being silly againAlthough, he also noted with some consternation that the creature appeared to have no anus.

Perry Mowbray:

Then it turned and propelled itself gracefully through the water towards the tunnel opening.  Grant, who hadn't yet seen the back of the creature, then noted that his earlier presumption regarding the creature's dorsel fin was correct, it did run the full length of its back. 

Although, he also noted with some consternation that the creature appeared to have no anus.
-4wd (June 27, 2013, 01:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

That would have to be relief, surely?

4wd:
Although, he also noted with some consternation that the creature appeared to have no anus.
--- End quote ---

That would have to be relief, surely?-Perry Mowbray (June 27, 2013, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess my imagination runs a bit stranger than yours  ;D

Perry Mowbray:
Chapter 16
Paragraph 25.6 "Sweat broke out of Ericson’s forehead" Should be 'on'?

Paragraph 25.36 "He could see Dr. Ericson approaching from the diving control console fifty meters distant." 'dive command console' in 25.2

Paragraph 25.38 "where a pair of robots was installing a lockable metallic grille over the entrance to the tunnel" Was is probably right, but it sounds wrong to me :(

Paragraph 25.42 "You have discovered another intelligent humanoid species, where humanity has always thought we were alone in that regard. And the implications this will have for us as deep dwellers, survivors from the surface. If we can build friendly relations with these creatures, perhaps in time learn to live in symbiosis with them..." Agree with 4wd... doesn't feel like a sentence. Maybe joining? '"You have discovered another intelligent humanoid species, where humanity has always thought we were alone in that regard. The implications this will have for us as deep dwellers if we can build friendly relations with these creatures, and, perhaps in time, learn to live in symbiosis with them..."'  :-\  Symbiosis didn't feel quite right at this point, but couldn't think of another word, so maybe it is??

Paragraph 25.43 "The most likely source of all that water is the river flowing through this cavern. Not only does it rush powerfully along its main channel, but it’s the likeliest source of whatever complex of flooded caves may exist beneath the cavern." Agree with 4wd again... too many likelies :) 'It’s very typical for submerged caves to be interlinked, sometimes in quite a complex fashion; which means this river is the source, not only for that cavern, but also whatever complex of flooded caves may exist beneath this cavern.'

Perry Mowbray:
--- End quote ---

That would have to be relief, surely?-Perry Mowbray (June 27, 2013, 02:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess my imagination runs a bit stranger than yours  ;D
-4wd (June 27, 2013, 02:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-\ I was just thinking no waste products / nothing going in / no fear of being eaten  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version