ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (37/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
The original post has been updated to reflect the benefit of all the corrections noted in my post above. New zip containing updated mobi and epub files, and the online html version has been updated. Again, thank you Perry and 4wd for taking the time to post the problems you found. I owe you.

kyrathaba:
I may have to add a pronunciation appendix :)

Dukensenmatchlofel is pronounced DooKinSinMatchLowfell, with emphasis on the second syllable.

The alien that posed as Covington is Svareneketchmakull.

Svareneketchmakull is pronounced SaVerrinaCatchMacull, with emphasis on the third syllable.

Don't bother practicing your pronunciation. The aliens would still laugh to hear you attempt their names ;)

kyrathaba:
Now that the book is half-written, and much, much better thanks to my betareaders' proofing, I'm going to read it all the way through this afternoon, to get the full effect, then proceed to write Chapter 16.

Perry Mowbray:
Chapter 11
Page 20.7 "To construction foremen of the twenty- and twenty-first centuries, this relative silence would have been

eerie." Are you saying that workers before the 20th century were silent?
--- End quote ---

Just the opposite. They were loud and boisterous. Yelling at one another. Hollering instructions. Sharing coarse humor.

Thus, the comparative silence in which the multi-limbed robot construction workers worked would have seemed strange to
those human construction workers of earlier days.
-kyrathaba (June 23, 2013, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, that was my point... not just 20+21 Century but also before

kyrathaba:
Working my way through the manuscript, converting dates/times to International format, as specified in ISO 8601.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version