ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (156/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Two people today have started reading the book with promised Smashwords reviews. I know 40hz will be a third reviewer there, and my author friend Robert Lawrence (Knightfall, Darkest Before Dawn) posted a 4-star review on Smashwords today.

I'm hopeful once I get 4-7 reviews there that it'll slightly help catalyze downloads.

kyrathaba:
I've already got three authors interested in narrating the audiobook. Anyone here interested? You need to go here and create a profile and read instructions:  http://www.acx.com/help/narrators/200484550 Then check out my project

mouser:
maybe we can help choose between them -- are there audio samples?

kyrathaba:
There aren't any audio samples yet. People have to create a profile on ACX, record their audio sample, edit it to as close to perfection as they can, then upload it to ACX. I then get to listen to various people's auditions and pick the one I like. The site says they need to do a 15-minute sample. I've already pointed four people towards it: Perry, and 3 others I know as fellow authors. It would rock if a DC member did it. The setup would be an ongoing split of future royalties to more-than reimburse time/effort.

mouser:
one of the tests of an audiobook narrator is being able to do different voices.. it can't be easy.  that may be where the rubber hits the road.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version