ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (131/186) > >>

wraith808:
I mean, that's fine -- great, even, I suppose. Bloggers need subscribers, right? I'm just surprised at how quickly -- that's averaging 9 new members per day. I emailed Perry to see if he could help me on another issue. I have a few people wanting signed printed copies of my book. I spent two frustrating hours on CreateSpace the other night. Everything was fine but I could not get the cover image for the jacket to suit them.
-kyrathaba (July 31, 2013, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

The number of subscribers that you have isn't really worth much IMO.  The number of engaged subscribers is the more relevant statistic.  And if these are spammers/bots, then they'll never be engaged.

kyrathaba:
So, Akismet is probably hiding the spam from me, and some of these are probably bots... Mmm... sounds about right.

kyrathaba:
It's early-on in this authorship adventure. Only ten days since Kyrathaba Rising went live on Smashwords (it went live at later dates on several other sites). As is typical of new authors (and some not so new), I really need reviews. If any of you have read my book, please consider writing a review on one or more of the following three sites: Goodreads (1st preference), Amazon, and Shvoong. The Shvoong review can be up to but not exceeding 900 words. I expect a review to be coming in by the end of the week from published ebook author Shane Etter, so that'll help.

wraith808:
So, Akismet is probably hiding the spam from me, and some of these are probably bots... Mmm... sounds about right.
-kyrathaba (July 31, 2013, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

They could also be probes.  What happens is they see if they can register... then after a while, the bots come back again and see if they are still registered and then post as users that are not new.

kyrathaba:
We'll see. Nothing that can't be dealt with if that occurs. I'm backing up the blog to a "Online Backup for Wordpress" via plug-in, and downloading files weekly via FTP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version