ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (109/186) > >>

wraith808:
I want one! LOL :)

... on a more serious note, I'd recommend that you update your blog also to reflect your recent ascension to author status, and your future plans. :)

kyrathaba:
Ooh, I like the badge, 4wd. Can I have it, mouser? Pretty please?

@wraith: Yep, I have to admit I'm a blog novice. Don't know much about layout, etc., as anyone who has visited it can probably tell.

rgdot:
If you want a mini 'contribute to the cause' from me, I am willing to volunteer :) I can set up a simple/nice site (nice theme, etc.), will be WordPress

wraith808:
Ooh, I like the badge, 4wd. Can I have it, mouser? Pretty please?

@wraith: Yep, I have to admit I'm a blog novice. Don't know much about layout, etc., as anyone who has visited it can probably tell.
-kyrathaba (July 26, 2013, 10:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll recommend the same thing that I always do... change it to wordpress.  It's not that there's not a learning curve just like other places, but it's easier to get over that curve with a lot of help and support, and wordpress has that.  And it's (relatively) easy to get it to a professional look.  Invest in a good theme- there are some good free ones, but several I've seen have had problems.  You get what you pay for.  But there are some good themes for writers/authors out there.  I see rgdot beat me to the punch offering to set it up... but I'll offer my services too.  And if you want to get your own domain, I can give you some space for that particular domain on my server if you want.

kyrathaba:
I can give you some space for that particular domain on my server if you want.
--- End quote ---

No kidding! That would be awesome. What would you guys recommend for a domain name? My Author Fan Page on FB in /WilliamBryanMiller (full name). Would that be too long or too difficult to remember? The publishing imprint for all my books is Crocus Books (grew up in a tiny community called Crocus in south-central KY (pop 31). Another idea would be to have a domain name that is in common with my first two or three titles, the word 'kyrathaba'.

www.williambryanmiller.com
www.kyrathaba.com
www.crocusbooks.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version