ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (101/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Impressive - how did you manage that?
--- End quote ---

I pitched the book to them, and asked if they'd be willing to review it and blurb it if they like it.

I also pitched it to some more well-known authors, and here's what they responded:

Raymond E. Feist: "I stopped blurbs years ago. Too many people asking and not enough time to read them all."

William Shunn: "Sorry, I just don't have time."

Scott Sigler: "Nope, can't do that, I'm afraid. But rock on."

Neil Gaiman: "I'm afraid not."

John Scalzi: "No."

Meh, can't win them all.

I never heard back from my Tweets to Will Wheaton, Cory Doctorow, Elizabeth Bear, Anne Rice, George R. R. Martin, Diane Duane, Stephen King or Dean Koontz. I'm sure they're busy.

kyrathaba:
You know, this thread has been read 19K+ times. If everyone who's reading this would visit my FB author page (see sig) and click "Like", that would help a lot to create buzz ("word of mouse...")

TaoPhoenix:
You know, this thread has been read 19K+ times. If everyone who's reading this would visit my FB author page (see sig) and click "Like", that would help a lot to create buzz ("word of mouse...")
-kyrathaba (July 20, 2013, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Eew.
Facebook, the Evil Empire!
:P

kyrathaba:
^ But, an evil empire that can get word-of-mouse to spread about my book. Per my Fan Page report, I've reached over 800 people and made them aware of the upcoming book. 8,000 would be better. There's that 0.2 percent that are book-o-philes, and want to read anything new coming out. Then there are the specific-genre-o-philes who'll want to read a book involving aliens, or because it's post-apocalypse Earth.

kyrathaba:
OoooOooohhh, exciting news! We've gone through Draft 3 and weeded thoroughly. Mouser, if you've been keeping notes on errors you find, you may wanna PM me for an updated mobi. I'm gonna bet 99% of them are resolved, now.

We're VERY close to having this puppy whipped into publishable shape. I honestly could NOT have done it without Perry and 4wd. They are word-hounds! I can't overstate how rife with typos and other types of errors this book would be without their talents as proofreaders.

I've sent Perry an epub of the scrubbed 3rd draft, mainly just to ensure that our changes we made in gDocs "stuck" in my Jutoh MS. But I'm hoping to publish in the next few days. Just sent Perry an email, Joel, with your suggestion to Gdocify the updated epub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version