ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (76/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Greats finds/catches/suggested fixes, guys. Your help is invaluable! I wouldn't even consider publishing this without the solid proofing you guys are providing. When the novel is brought to a cliffhanger ending, mouser has volunteered to read it cover to the cover (so to speak), as an additional set of beta-eyes.

tomos:
Acquisition and reallocation of materiele.
--- End quote ---
-
=> should that be "materials" ? or is he Dutch :)
-tomos (July 04, 2013, 05:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

With that particular instance I was of the mind that Sethra was throwing in a bit of foreign language to make it sound more exotic, hence the italics.  The way some people will throw in the odd word like faux, instead of using just boring old 'fake' - they think it sounds a bit upper class.  (Usually has the opposite effect though.)
-4wd (July 04, 2013, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah okay, I'm reading from the current link which is plain text with no indication of formatting.

kyrathaba:
Okay, I've completed Chapters 20, 21, and 22, one apiece over the past three days. And I've transferred them to my tablet for proofreading and caught lots of problems, done quite a bit of rephrasing. Right now, I'm uploading an archive on the total project to three cloud storages, and to DC. I will provide a link to my beta-/proof-readers in the next few minutes. The link will allow you to download the epub and mobi versions of the manuscript as it exists to date, Prologue through end of Chapter 22.

kyrathaba:
PMs sent to Perry, 4wd, tomos. 40hz, you want a download link?

Perry Mowbray:
Paragraph 17.3
"We’ve bored another fifty meters along that vector, achieving an increased depth of twenty-five meters." I'm not sure I understand 50 metres at 30 degrees = 25 metres depth?
--- End quote ---
(see attachment in previous post)
In the above diagram, we see the relationships of the angles and sides in a 30/60/90 degree triangle. Consider the hypotenuse in the image as the downward grade of the borer. The length along that hypotenuse has a 2:1 ratio to the vertical side of the triangle. Thus, 50 meters progress in boring down at a 30 degree angle equals an additional 25 meters in depth.

-kyrathaba (July 04, 2013, 11:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

:-[ It's odd how the brain gets into a thinking rut if you take a wrong turn... I'm still not sure why I didn't understand, but try as I might, the penny wouldn't drop. I even started factoring in the width of the tunnel, which only confused the issue more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version