ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sci-fi novel now available from DC member kyrathaba!

<< < (56/186) > >>

kyrathaba:
Making a few very minor edits to Ch 17. Word transpositions, etc., for greater clarity. No significant content change.

kyrathaba:
Uploaded Ch17_minorUpdate.zip to OP.

kyrathaba:
Busy day, but got 1300 words into Chapter 18.

4wd:
Chapter 17:
The most significant thing he’d learned so far was that, of all three-hundred twenty-eight chimes sent by Sethra Slatten...
--- End quote ---
...Designee 2445’s last three-hundred twenty-eight chime messages.
--- End quote ---
...there were four-thousand seven-hundred twenty-three locations specified...
--- End quote ---
He studied the details. “Three-hundred forty-eight bits!”
--- End quote ---
...Designee 2445’s most recent three-hundred twenty-eight chimes, ...
--- End quote ---

Didn't realise it until I looked it up, America doesn't use the and between the hundreds and tens designation.

That was about the only thing I found with two quick reads of Ch. 17, but as it's colloquial it can safely be ignored.

So basically nothing stuck out as being weird  :Thmbsup:

Possibly one thing but it works either way:
“No, you stay bent over, or even lie down face-first if you want. You don’t wanna risk aspirating if you puke again.”
--- End quote ---

“No, you stay bent over, or even lie face down if you want. You don’t wanna risk aspirating if you puke again.”

4wd:
I'm going to go Sherlock on you again :)

2283-07-12T10:19-5:00
--- End quote ---
Tomorrow would mark the passage of one entire month since he’d first listened to Sethra Slatten’s recorded audio message.
--- End quote ---

Sethra is last seen a month previous just before the five "conspirators" then go to the Shaft:
“Residential Corridor cameras recorded him entering his cubicle on the eleventh of June at 18:36 hours, local time.”
--- End quote ---

Now, given that supposedly anyone who used the encryption key that Sethra provided is now either terminally dead, (Eddie), or dead and virtualised, (Sethra, Veronee, Zuzana, Byron), the following search by Mephord should have turned up almost nothing:

“June eleventh through ... now.”
--- End quote ---

I'm assuming the implants become inert with bodily death, otherwise wouldn't it be too easy to locate people via implant signal, (ie. the four missing people)?

So is it meant to be a search for communications/activity for a month prior to their disappearance, (May 11th - June 11th) ?

Also:
She gathered up the ultrasound equipment on its wheeled rack and departed the examination room.
--- End quote ---

She gathered up the ultrasound equipment onto its wheeled rack and departed the examination room.

I’ve entered a log into her work record that she’ll be off-duty the remainder of the day.
--- End quote ---

Possibly:

I’ve logged an entry into her work record that she’ll be off-duty the remainder of the day.

or:

I’ve made an entry into her work record that she’ll be off-duty the remainder of the day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version