ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (49/58) > >>

Renegade:
Defund NSA Surveillance: A critical vote is happening tomorrow, July 24th, on the Defense Appropriations Bill in the House of Representatives. The bill gives taxpayer money to fund defense programs, including NSA surveillance.

Defund the NSA (misnamed, but oh well), and a link to HR-2397.
-wraith808 (July 23, 2013, 08:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why stop there? :P

^Ok...and now that it's out of the closet
-40hz (July 21, 2013, 10:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ok, ok... I'll go back to my closet in the Basement... :P :D

wraith808:
Plan to defund NSA phone collection program defeated  :(

Tinman57:
Plan to defund NSA phone collection program defeated  :(  -wraith808 (July 24, 2013, 11:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Was there any doubt?   >:(  Another article I just read states this was a good thing because it was so close of a vote.  Their thinking is once the word gets out who voted against it, they will get voted out on the next election, bringing in more politicians that won't support it (or claim to anyway) and eventually getting all this invasion of the U.S. Constitution crap repealed.
  Now I'm all for it to all go away, but I don't want to have to wait until way after election time before it gets repealed.......  Also, you can bet your ass that the politicians that created this mess are exempt from this system.  Too many skeletons in the closet for that to come to light....   :mad:

Renegade:
Another article I just read states this was a good thing because it was so close of a vote.  Their thinking is once the word gets out who voted against it, they will get voted out on the next election, bringing in more politicians that won't support it (or claim to anyway) and eventually getting all this invasion of the U.S. Constitution crap repealed.
-Tinman57 (July 25, 2013, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Who wrote that? Good? Yes, because the voting publicgoldfish has such a wonderful memory. :P :D

Tinman57:
Another article I just read states this was a good thing because it was so close of a vote.  Their thinking is once the word gets out who voted against it, they will get voted out on the next election, bringing in more politicians that won't support it (or claim to anyway) and eventually getting all this invasion of the U.S. Constitution crap repealed.
-Tinman57 (July 25, 2013, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

Who wrote that? Good? Yes, because the voting publicgoldfish has such a wonderful memory. :P :D
-Renegade (July 25, 2013, 09:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think it was in the last fightforthefuture.org newsletter, or a link in their newsletter led to the article.

The voting public has the attention span of a 6 week old puppy, and most of them vote party lines whether they're screwing up or not.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version