ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (42/58) > >>

IainB:
Whoops! Amerikans trying to avail themselves of offshore-from-US VPN providers may face some difficulties: Mastercard and Visa Start Banning VPN Providers?
...“It means that US companies are forcing non-American companies not to allow people to protest their privacy and be anonymous, and thus the NSA can spy even more. It’s just INSANE,” Sunde says. ...

--- End quote ---
How could this be?    ;)

40hz:
Whoops! Amerikans trying to avail themselves of offshore-from-US VPN providers may face some difficulties: Mastercard and Visa Start Banning VPN Providers?
...“It means that US companies are forcing non-American companies not to allow people to protest their privacy and be anonymous, and thus the NSA can spy even more. It’s just INSANE,” Sunde says. ...

--- End quote ---
How could this be?    ;)
-IainB (July 07, 2013, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Simple. It's not against the law for Visa and Mastercard to restrict who they give merchant accounts to. Something found to be so useful by many would-be regulators that most governments aren't about to pass any laws to change it.

Problem?

Stoic Joker:
Ah yes ... We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Especially if the happen to be making it difficult for our compatriots that are trying really hard to take over the world...to make it a "better place" of course...for everyone. But especially us...'cause it was our idea and all, ya know.

I say take a page out of history, what's the only attempt at secure communication that didn't get broken? Navaho radio operators. Now matter how they tried to decrypt it, it didn't work ... Because it wasn't F'ing encrypted. Der...! That's the answer. Do it Old School.

Take a page from the spammers handbook -- and you thought they were totally useless... (hehe) -- The whole point of the psudo story random word based Emails was to get green mail server admins to break their own Baysean filters by constantly tossing these clutter word Emails into them.

Well...

If the NSA wants to log, catalog, and sift through everybody's everything. I say make it fun for everyone (e.g. us...). Glob together a huge block (like a Gig or so) of clutter text that will just barely pass for a conversation (if a computer is looking at it...) and upload it a few times a day. Preferably through a Fly-by-night looking VPN service to make it look nice and really interesting. Or alternate, the encryption is really pointlessly optional. In a nutshell, it's basically spamming the internet. if enough people did it, it could artificially spike the volume of cruft they have to sift through.

Hay it's our (the tax payers) money that paid for all that friggin hardware ... Let's use the storage as we see fit. I thing the list of all the words I could think of when I was stoned as shit is an extremely important document. That should be backed up as often and in as many places as it can be ... So as to protect it for posterity...or something.. :D

...And yes...somebody has been drinking. (Hic!).

wraith808:
Here you go SJ... someone has created an app for that.

Tinman57:

It's just not this simple.....

How to hide text from NSA's automated surveillance

07.06.2013 11:50 AM

To keep supercomputers from reading your email, use a font the robots can't read.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043342/how-to-hide-text-from-nsas-automated-surveillance.html
--- End quote ---

I keep telling people that Americans have a short attentions span.....

The outrage about Prism spying is wearing off already

07.07.2013 10:20 AM

Some people are deeply upset about the latest incursions into our privacy. But as a society, we don't seem to care all that much.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043777/the-outrage-about-prism-spying-is-wearing-off-already.html
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version