ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (41/58) > >>

40hz:
And good luck.

-IainB (July 06, 2013, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thx, I expect I'll need it. But I also expect to work for it. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
And good luck.

-IainB (July 06, 2013, 03:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thx, I expect I'll need it. But I also expect to work for it. :Thmbsup:
-40hz (July 06, 2013, 06:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

It gratified me to see how many people were at the demonstrations.  That means that people are of a like mind, willing to brave a little discomfort (it was quite crowded) and other possible negative effects.  Nothing like the recent demonstrations in Turkey, but I did enjoy seeing one thing in common- the fact that people were passionate, and not just at an emotional level, since emotions change, and can be manipulated.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ellievhall/40-best-signs-from-the-restore-the-fourth-rallies

(Totally wish my sign had made that list... ah well.  Guess I'm not witty enough.)

The proof will be in whether this blows over like they expect it will.  I'm hopeful it won't, but cynical enough to realize that the number of people that it doesn't blow over for will be less than those that it does.

40hz:
A not too funny riff on what might happen someday...

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

8)

barney:
A not too funny riff on what might happen someday...
-40hz (July 06, 2013, 12:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually has happened ... got picked up and detained a few days for a misconstrued/misheard comment at an office function.  We're at the point that casual comments can be cause for incarceration for the public good.  Methinks 'tis more for the political good, but then, what do I know, I'm just a mere citizen.

IainB:
Relevant, and potentially useful:
...Having used OpenDNS + DNSCrypt for a while now with no issues, I have been trialling VPN gate for greater security/privacy, and have found it pretty good.
Coincidentally, I read this rather relevant post in LewRockwell.com today: Want to Defend Your Privacy?
In the post, he discusses using VPN (Virtual Private Network) services, refers to various links (some offshore to the US) for improved security/privacy, and recommends consideration be given to the use of the likes of:

* Tor
* Cryptohippie-IainB (July 07, 2013, 07:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version