ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (40/58) > >>

40hz:
^ In my world, you are only as defeated as you are willing to allow yourself to be. I'm not the type who believes I can't ever be beaten. But I am absolutely certain I will never be defeated, beaten or not. So again: Non serviam to any who expect me to just lie down.
 :)

Tinman57:

I really don't even know what to think about this, so I'll leave it to all you guys n gals that know a little bit more about Europes politics.....  But I will say that I'm a little cynical about it....

EU-US data-sharing deals reviewed amid Prism scandal
A European Union team will arrive in Washington, D.C. on Monday to assess how the U.S. is using data it receives from the E.U.

As part of a scheduled review, experts from the European Commission's home affairs department will conduct an examination of the Passenger Name Record (PNR) deal and the Terrorist Finance Tracking Programme (TFTP).

The European Parliament gave its consent Thursday to the possibility of suspending the two data-sharing deals following allegations that the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) bugged E.U. offices in New York and Washington.
--- End quote ---

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043707/euus-data-sharing-deals-come-up-for-review-amid-prism-scandal.html

IainB:
..So again: Non serviam to any who expect me to just lie down.
-40hz (July 05, 2013, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
Good on yer, mate.    :Thmbsup:
And good luck.

...But I will say that I'm a little cynical about it....
-Tinman57 (July 05, 2013, 08:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cynical? About a charade in hypocrisy? Why?    ;)

IainB:
Interesting: Is This the REAL Reason for the Government Spying On Americans?

And this:
Sign of the Day: “1984” Was Not Supposed to Be an Instruction Manual
Posted By Vicki McClure Davidson on June 30, 2013

“There was of course no way of knowing whether you were being watched at any given moment. How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in on any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to. You had to live — did live, from habit that became instinct — in the assumption that every sound you made was overheard, and, except in darkness, every movement scrutinized.”

~ Excerpt from George Orwell’s chilling futuristic novel “1984”

--- End quote ---

wraith808:
^ In my world, you are only as defeated as you are willing to allow yourself to be. I'm not the type who believes I can't ever be beaten. But I am absolutely certain I will never be defeated, beaten or not. So again: Non serviam to any who expect me to just lie down.
 :)
-40hz (July 05, 2013, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

And words are powerful, especially when delivered under the correct circumstances, and used to illustrate parallels.

"Facit legem" - consent makes the law.  I didn't, and will never consent.  Which goes along with 40's Non Serviam.

"Ægroto, dum anima est, spes est." - It is said that for a sick man, there is hope.

The USA is sick.  There is a divide that is wider than it's ever been, and we are ruled by a hegemony that in no way resembles what the US was meant to be.  It was once said that one party couldn't do enough damage... the extent of what could be done in that one office was limited long ago by the 8 year limit on terms.  But there really isn't a limit- with one party in power (The Republicrats) the policies of one carry over to the other.  But though sick, the patient is still alive, and there is hope.

And those few words say it better and more eloquently than my paragraph does.  And shows that it's not for debate, but what one considers a fact.  But, there's another saying that is short but sweet, "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version