ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (24/58) > >>

40hz:
Like I said, this wasn't intended to be a GOP/DEM thing at all, but rather a "look how absurd the guy at the top is, trying to justify this nonsense with obvious double-talk". I would have said the same thing regardless of what party he came from.
-CWuestefeld (June 19, 2013, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: Bingo! There is where CW hits the nail right on the head about what the real problem (and danger) is with something like PRISM and the NSA.

Anything in government that is allowed to operate (or even exist) without real oversight and legal scrutiny inevitably abuses the power entrusted to it. And over time, unsupervised power almost always takes on a life of its own totally divorced from the intent that originally created and authorized it.

And please note I say power entrusted rather than given it.

That's because I'm still enough of an American to remember what this country is supposed to be about and stand for.

wraith808:
You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
- Malcolm X

--- End quote ---

TaoPhoenix:
Let me introduce our guest prophets from 30 years ago!

Wait for it ...

Styx!

I'll use this link because it has a couple of interesting mashed pics (next to a bunch of cheesy ones!) But it just shows someone was already thinking what I am and beat me to the next step.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHT382x8Foo

Stoic Joker:
They must have found themselves that Crystal Ball...

Tinman57:

It's all just a "Grand Illusion"....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version