ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (23/58) > >>

Stoic Joker:
You just gotta love this bit from the Snowden interview:
Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
What the Chinese Public is saying about the NSA Leaker

CWuestefeld:
Thought y'all might appreciate this.

wraith808:
^ Getting a bit too political and such for outside of basement IMO.  :-\

There's a whole thread for political jokes there.  Two reasons to stay away from that.  One, to keep focused.  And two, it's not a party thing.  Even if Romney had gotten elected, the same would be going on.  See: the fact that this was started in 2006.   I'm even cynical enough to believe that if a Libertarian was on the other side of this, the program would *still* be in place.

CWuestefeld:
it's not a party thing.  Even if Romney had gotten elected, the same would be going on.
-wraith808 (June 19, 2013, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

No doubt. I didn't mean to make it partisan, the GOP would no doubt have similar measures, although I think the way they'd try to frame the discussion would differ. But they'd sure as heck be doing it -- after all, it was GWB that got this round kicked off.

Like I said, this wasn't intended to be a GOP/DEM thing at all, but rather a "look how absurd the guy at the top is, trying to justify this nonsense with obvious double-talk". I would have said the same thing regardless of what party he came from.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version