ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (9/58) > >>

wraith808:
I have a rant about this and party lines... but I'll post it when I get home.  It's a doozy. :)  So I guess it's going in the basement.

Stoic Joker:
Would you stop aiming for the basement...we'll lose 40hz when it goes there. :(

zridling:

Hate to tell you so, but Richard Stallman said that all your computer data belongs to them:
"One reason you should not use web applications to do your computing is that you lose control," he said. "It's just as bad as using a proprietary program. Do your own computing on your own computer with your copy of a freedom-respecting program. If you use a proprietary program or somebody else's web server, you're defenceless. You're putty in the hands of whoever developed that software."

And then there is Paul Craig Roberts:
The presstitute media handled these stories in ways that protected the government’s lawlessness from scrutiny and public outrage. The usual spin was that the public needs to be safe from terrorists, and safety is what the government is providing....

There is no longer any doubt whatsoever that the US government is lawless, that it regards the US Constitution as a scrap of paper, that it does not believe Americans have any rights other than those that the government tolerates at any point in time, and that the government has no fear of being held accountable by the weak and castrated US Congress, the sycophantic federal courts, a controlled media, and an insouciant public....

Demonization is the US government’s technique for discrediting Bradley Manning for complying with the US Military Code and reporting war crimes and for persecuting Julian Assange of Wikileaks for reporting leaked information about the US government’s crimes. Demonization and false charges will be the government’s weapon against Snowden.

If Washington and its presstitutes can convince Americans that courageous people, who are trying to inform Americans that their historic rights are disappearing into a police state, are espionage agents of foreign powers, America can continue to be subverted by its own government.

wraith808:
Would you stop aiming for the basement...we'll lose 40hz when it goes there. :(
-Stoic Joker (June 11, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry... didn't think of that.  I'm just surprised that its not there already, so its sort of tongue in cheek.

40hz:
Would you stop aiming for the basement-Stoic Joker (June 11, 2013, 03:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Damn right. THEY monitor the Basement don't ya know?  :tellme:

...we'll lose 40hz when it goes there. :(

--- End quote ---

Why do you say that as if it were a bad thing? :P 8) ;D

(Thx btw! ;) )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version