ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (8/58) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Which is why whistleblowers generally get pilloried with impunity despite the so-called "protections" that are on place to prevent it. And in this case, there's very little chance of much public support since this county seems to be doing everything in it's power to not see that a very real coup took place within the government shortly after the WTC attack - and they're now living in a police state.-40hz (June 11, 2013, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Cynical as I am...it really is hard to believe people are that stupid. What it is going to take to galvanize them into action before it's to late? ...Or is it already to late?

wraith808:

Like sheep to the slaughter... U.S. majority backs N.S.A. surveillance

Stoic Joker:
Like sheep to the slaughter... 18900012-us-majority-backs-nsa-surveillance-wraith808 (June 11, 2013, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Nice graphic :))

Okay, but here's the thing...where are all these people who allegedly think it is just Jim Dandy fine to spy on the public? I've never met one yet. Could this be a classic case of BS statistics where the question is framed in such a way that the outcome is virtually guaranteed? Or does half the country really have single digit IQs?

I mean seriously trusting the media to give us an honest assessment of what people really think? I'm thinking that the reality poles are closer to 98% screw that ... But some of the votes got lost on their way through the propaganda machine. They (of the infamous "Them") are just trying to use peer pressure to make people feel like they (the singular individual - poor bastard) are alone in feeling violated by this insane behavior.

wraith808:
There's that good old cynicism. :)

And you've got a point.  It could be to gather support.  But, in truth, I don't think so.  For the most part (as shown by the graphic) even in the case of gross wrongs committed, as long as they're legal if not moral, people's support is along party lines.

Stoic Joker:
*Sigh*

Bart Simpson: What do you want for your birthday grandpa?

Grandpa: I want to be dead!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version