ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Worth Reading: Trevor Pott's editorial on NSA PRISM and its real ramifications

<< < (3/58) > >>

wraith808:
Rand Paul wants to lead the challenge to the supreme court over PRISM

wraith808:
Creator of the Wire calls 'bullshit' at the American response to NSA Intercepts. (Cached version b/c it's been getting hit hard)

40hz:
I think the key takeaway in the original article is how the current 'powers that be' within the US government have successfully (through revisionist historical interpretations and the removal of anything resembling "Civics" education from the US public school curriculum) led the new generation to believe the US Constitution, through its government,  grants it's citizens rights - when in fact, the actual wording only serves to restrict the powers given - by the people - to their own government.

It seems a small thing. But it's an absolutely critical indication of  the engineered mindshift that has taken place in the last 30 years.

Last night I was watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind over a friend's house. Their kids (aged 16, 18, and 23) couldn't understand why the government and military were being "so nice" and the people were being so uncooperative about the civilian evacuation order in the area the ending of the story takes place in. The youngest one said "How long ago was this supposed to be? They're lucky it's not today."

When I asked why, the 18 year old looked at me like I was clueless and said: "Well...it's a national security situation isn't it? The government could have just arrested or shot them for disobeying if any of that was really happening."

When I asked how they could possibly be allowed to do that, I was told by the youngest: "Because it's the law." as the other two nodded in agreement.

For what was definitely not the first time in the last decade, I actually felt scared about what I was hearing coming from the mouths of our upcoming generation.

I sometimes wonder if this is how German parents started feeling when listening to their children back around 1932-1933?

:tellme:

Stoic Joker:
Okay... ^That's^ F'ing horrifying..

rgdot:
When this is moved to the basement someone message me please, I may have something to add  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version