ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

From the B.F.D. Dept. - Microsoft releases first video preview of Win 8.1

<< < (3/6) > >>

40hz:
(cringing)
iPhone user... yes
fanboy ... no! Whew! Safe! ;)
-TaoPhoenix (June 05, 2013, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

me too. ;D

40hz:
Dear Microsoft:

Here's my suggestion for what to do with the audience after your next Windows 8 dog & pony show:

:-\

Stoic Joker:
Our accountant is in his late 70s. He is not an advanced user by any measure. He recently made the jump from XP to Win8 on his home computer. Neither he nor his wife have had any major issues adapting to the new UI.

Advertising in general has devolved into a constant drone of pithy palpitating attempts to reach ones heart strings, funny bone, or G-spot. solely in the interest of avoiding any substantive information about anything...and frequently leaving one wondering wtf the product even is.

While MS's Apple-ish whoppie ad is annoying, it's not nearly as mind-blowingly stupid as many of the car ads today. Kia comes to mind with hampsters trying to look Kewl in a death trap, cracker box, Mp3 player with wheels that is blasting off into space. Seriously? ...I can't watch that ad without wanting to scream.

dr_andus:
Our accountant is in his late 70s. He is not an advanced user by any measure. He recently made the jump from XP to Win8 on his home computer. Neither he nor his wife have had any major issues adapting to the new UI.
-Stoic Joker (June 06, 2013, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do they have a touch screen? If not, would they have been better off upgrading to Win7? How about if one is not an accountant in his late 70s and wants a work computer, not a home computer, without a touch screen? Is Win8 still a better option?

40hz:
-Stoic Joker (June 06, 2013, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think that may be more a function of their level of useage rather than an indication of how usable the interface actually is.

My experience with my clients seems to indicate that the more trivial (for lack of a better word) a user's involvement is with the underlying OS, the easier it is for them to become trivially proficient at using a different one. The more 'professional' and savvy users are another story.

As my grandfather used to say: Anything is easy if you aren't trying to get good at it.

I think the old man was onto something when he said that. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version