ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

From the B.F.D. Dept. - Microsoft releases first video preview of Win 8.1

<< < (2/6) > >>

f0dder:
At least my little crush is still alive... :P ;D-40hz (June 05, 2013, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Man, all those pesky bodyguards!

Back on track, another 'meh' on integrating Windows Search with ze intarwebs. I actually quite like how it works in Vista, Win7 and Win8... it works pretty well for finding 'easy' stuff on my machine. If I want webstuff, I'm gonna open a friggin' browser.

superboyac:
 ;D
This reminds of a couple weeks ago when I lost it after watching a couple of video reviews for gadgets.  The script is usually:
--looong useless introduction
--they hold the phone in their hands and DO NOTHING.  just wave it around, make hand gestures while talking.  They will POINT at things on the phone, but not actually touch it.
--The exciting part...they will touch a button or something and...now they will talk about it for several minutes.
--oh yeah, they will repeat over and over the stupid specs.  i don't care!!

So I lost it.  And of course got the reactions "what is wrong with you?!" from all my iphone peers.

Edvard:
From an ABC news story on Win 8.1 (emphasis mine):
"We've focused on a number of improvements to ensure easier navigation for people using a mouse and keyboard," Antoine Leblond, corporate vice president of Windows Program Management, said in a blog post. "We've improved the way you navigate to Start with the mouse by changing the Start 'tip' to be the familiar Windows logo."

Clicking on the Start tip in the lower left-hand corner will bring you back to the Start Screen. No, you won't get the traditional Start menu.
--- End quote ---

"We've learned a lot from customers in how they are using the product and have received a lot of feedback," Leblond said. "We've been watching, we've been listening."
--- End quote ---
Um, no.  No, you haven't  :-\

40hz:
And of course got the reactions "what is wrong with you?!" from all my iphone peers.
-superboyac (June 05, 2013, 05:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

iPhone fanboy users are nowhere close to being the peers of anybody here IMNTHO ;D

TaoPhoenix:

(cringing)
iPhone user... yes
fanboy ... no! Whew! Safe! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version