ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for a launcher

<< < (2/4) > >>

Tinman57:
  You really should try Bayden Software's free SlickRun.  I experimented with a ton of hotkey type apps until I came across this, and haven't looked back since.

SlickRun is a free floating command line utility for Windows. SlickRun gives you almost instant access to any program or website. SlickRun allows you to create command aliases (known as MagicWords), so C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe becomes MAIL.
Enter a web URL into SlickRun and it will launch your browser and navigate to the specified address. Run multiple programs in a few keystrokes, jot a note, look up a definition... SlickRun is the most natural way to interact with your computer. 
--- End quote ---

http://www.bayden.com/SlickRun/

40hz:
@Tinman - regarding SlickRun -  it does look like it lives up to the name. But is it still being actively developed? It's 32-bit AFAICT and the last update was released on June 28, 2009.

UPDATE: Oh wait...this guy has it running under Windows 8 so maybe it doesn’t matter....

mouser:
Try to convince the author of Find and Run Robot to add optional support for indexing -- that would give you the best of both worlds.

rgdot:
Try to convince the author of Find and Run Robot to add optional support for indexing -- that would give you the best of both worlds.
-mouser (June 05, 2013, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D

Josh:
-mouser (June 05, 2013, 09:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser, you missed one of my key requirements... :)

...and I would prefer something that shows the promise of being updated if needed.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version