topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Samsung device drivers failed to installed  (Read 8421 times)

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Samsung device drivers failed to installed
« on: June 05, 2013, 04:25 AM »
Hello, i do not know if this is the right place to ask this question , i have a samsung mobile, i have installed its default Samsung PC Studio application suite that enables a users to sync and explore mobile content and movies and videos etc.

Their was an option to use that mobile as mass storage or Samsung pc studio mode from the phone menu :when the devie is connected to the PC.
On one occassion i had left the default option on mass storage mode,during the first connection with the pc, it began to install the drivers which it failed to do and then i changed to Samsung pc studio mode from the phone menu that too fails to load the necessary drivers.

It functions as any usb device although, please see the snaphot.

dev.png
Driver not installed.png
ClipDiary 5.3/ Smadav 2018/ Some Sense
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:47 AM by hulkbuster »

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Samsung device drivers failed to installed
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:21 AM »
Can anyone provide a solution to this problem

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Unless you have some pressing need to use the Kies software, completely uninstall it using RevoUninstaller or similar and then just choose the USB storage option when you plug the phone in.

I used it for all of 3 minutes, then I rooted the Samsung phone I had which gave the added benefit of not allowing Kies to work.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:28 AM »
Been awhile since I've played with any of the phone drivers, but...

While I have a definite aversion to automated troubleshooters ... The one in Windows 7 is surprisingly good. Assuming the phone shows up in Devices and Printers (it should) just right click it and select troubleshoot. I've had it successfully sort out several sticky driver issues for me in the past.

It's either that or trying to hand feed the driver to each part of the device's listing in device manager to try and figure out which one is actually supposed to be installed first.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 10:36 AM »
Their is no troubleshoot from the Device manager and their are no driver software in the Samsung pc studio Disc that came with the mobile device, what a helpless situation, fortunately i had it installed properly in Winxp since i am on a dualboot, i am able to access the Samsung pc studio and all its feature, but i was wondering since i missed on Win7 , is their any other way to reinstall the drivers, uninstalling,disabling and  didn't help too and their is no option to rollback since it did not install properly.

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Devices and Printers (in control panel - Like where your printer drivers are listed) Not Device Manager in Administrative tools. Most media devices (which it qualifies as if it's not in storage mode) will show up there in Windows 7.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 09:06 PM »
BTW, most, (if not all), smart phones when they're plugged into a computer mount a virtual CD that usually has all the needed drivers on it or possibly provide links to get them.

eg. Here's the one from my Huawei

2013-06-07 12_05_49-G__.png

Who knows, you might get lucky.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 11:22 PM »
Devices and Printers (in control panel - Like where your printer drivers are listed) Not Device Manager in Administrative tools. Most media devices (which it qualifies as if it's not in storage mode) will show up there in Windows 7.
Almost too good to be true, i saw the mounted icon in the Device and printer and tried the troubleshoot and the properties and tried everything like update software, it did a short search from the net but wasn't able to find any drivers. And the rest of the function was pretty much much like in Device Manager.
Untitled-1 copy.png
BTW, most, (if not all), smart phones when they're plugged into a computer mount a virtual CD that usually has all the needed drivers on it or possibly provide links to get them.

eg. Here's the one from my Huawei
 (see attachment in previous post)
Who knows, you might get lucky.
Mine is not a smart phone , just a simple GSM phone with EDGE feature and a simple camera. I didn't find any thing like a mounted virtual cd from My Computer, i understood what you meant. But their website too doesn't support downloading independent drivers, it is all inbuilt in the device which would kick start the driver installation when the device is connected to the PC when connected for the first time. Its really a handicap, and i wouldn't ask for more, since on my other XP partition it is working but i would still love to see it work in Win7 even after driver installation failure.

PS: why is their a message saying [ ERROR: SPECIFIED ATTACHMENT MISSING ] when i attach an image, am i doing something wrong.
The rightway would be:
[attachtimg=123] [attachtimg=1]or [attach=123][/attach][attach=1][/attach]
Can someone correct me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:46 AM by hulkbuster »

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 02:20 AM »
Code: Text [Select]
  1. [attach=1][/attach][attach=2][/attach][attach=3][/attach] etc, etc
  3. [attachthumb=1][/attachthumb][attachthumb=2][/attachthumb] etc, etc

Number corresponds to attachment.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 02:48 AM »
Code: Text [Select]
  1. [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35113.msg327980#msg327980]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35113.msg327980#msg327980]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35113.msg327980#msg327980]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] etc, etc
  2.  [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35113.msg327980#msg327980]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] [i]([url=https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=35113.msg327980#msg327980]see attachment in previous post[/url])[/i] etc, etc

Number corresponds to attachment.
Thank you 4wd, just corrected the attached images...:)
I rest my case, i will use the Samsung suite that is working properly on Winxp partition.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 06:59 AM »
4wd just wanted to ask that Dopus  snapshot, are u under Winxp or Win7, the toolbar colour looks like u are inXP.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 07:28 AM »
Win7

2013-06-07 22_28_47-K__.pngSamsung device drivers failed to installed

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 10:28 AM »
May i know which version you are using......

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 12:58 PM »
If it's an android phone, install MyPhoneExplorer Client on the phone (available through the appstore) and MyPhoneExplorer on your PC, and forget all about USB cables and drivers.

Be very careful with the MPE installer, though, as it wants to install crapware (and iirc the checkbox is of the double-negation type, so read carefully!). Haven't found anything that works better for managing my phone, so I'm still using it even though I frown at the crapware-bundling.
- carpe noctem

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 12:24 AM »
May i know which version you are using......

Directory Opus 10.5.1.3 (Beta)

I've had the same layout since DOpus 6 or 8, I forget which,

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 04:29 AM »
Just restored my PC, since it already had a lot of bloats , just fixed the drivers issue as well. Did everything right, so that error wont pop up.
Ashampoo_Snap_2013.06.11_14h55m21s_001_.png
Case closed.