ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any one else have a bad Window update?

<< < (3/3)

bit:
See this article:

http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/botched-black-tuesday-patch-kb-2887069-freezes-fails-configure-triggers-bsod-andor-zaps-sound-drivers-232

Jim
-J-Mac (December 20, 2013, 03:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right, this is sorta what I do:

" my first recommendation is to turn off the bloody Automatic Update. Manually check for updates later in the month -- after the masses get used as cannon fodder -- when the coast is clear."

-TaoPhoenix (December 20, 2013, 03:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Tnx. Just saved me 1 minute per shut-down with loopy update.

bit:
Okay, the loopy updates are gone.
Now it is 'politely' asking if I wish to install IE11.
How say ye all?

It also says there is an 'issue' with the sound card (mobo built-in), but I see no problem and it works fine.
Do you suppose that instead of being in error, it was only mistaken?

Oh, and there is a problem showing the problem message, which if I click on it to see what it is, gives an error mssg pop-up reassuring me something is being done to find a fix, and when I try to close out, hangs and offers a 'cancel' option, then finally closes out.
How inspiring. This is absolutely brilliant; it shows true dedication which ordinary run of the mill software programs are only able to emulate poorly if at all.

Innuendo:
If you use Internet Explorer as your browser, you should strongly consider upgrading. Security improvements and bug fixes will help keep you safe while browsing the internet. If you use a third-party browser, you should still consider upgrading as there are a lot of programs that will use IE to render HTML/web content.

As far as my sound goes, I always use the OEM manufacturer's drivers (Realtek, for example, and not Microsoft's or even my motherboard manufacturer's) as those will usually give one the best experience.

J-Mac:
I disagree. Don’t install IE11 just yet. It is very buggy and many programs that use IE internally will stop working till they are updated to work with IE11. You won't miss anything sticking with IE10 for now.

Jim

Edit: IE11 apparently has problems with Flash also. See:  http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/ie11-leaves-flash-media-hanging-youtube-more-major-sites-231544

Innuendo:
I'll abide with J-Mac's opinion on this one as I'm one of those people who doesn't use IE unless I absolutely, positively have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version