ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder Recipe Sharing Thread

<< < (13/15) > >>

Renegade:
2. My GF likes the contrast of texture and flavors the watermelon/tomato combination provides. I find it distracting. Fortunately, the tomato flavor doesn't invade the watermelon all that much, so I just pick around them when I'm filling my dish. This is a win-win since I don't care for tomatoes in this particular dish - and my not taking any leaves more for my GF, who really does enjoy having them in there. ;D
-40hz (July 11, 2014, 02:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Heheh! I understand that very well. I don't particularly like dark chicken meat, but my wife loves it. It's a win-win.

mouser:
One of my new favorite dishes.. Tastes so fresh and not overly oily:

ASIAN NOODLE BOWL WITH GINGER PEANUT DRESSING

http://minimalistbaker.com/asian-noodle-bowl-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/

TaoPhoenix:

From App last night comes this sandwich:
Fresh Baked Turkey (that her local store makes daily), fresh baked roast beef, low salt ham, no salt swiss cheese on a whole wheat roll with romaine lettuce, tomato, onion, and ranch dressing.

My alt version will skip the tomato and onion, and I haven't decided on the bread but it might just be one of the healthy breads and (even since I don't need it yet but an experiment) one of the diabetic breads.

tomos:
This one is titled "Stupidly Simple Omelette" ;)

Get a good quality jar of pesto, doesnt really matter what it's made with.
I've been using:
pumpkin seed pesto / tomato pesto / wild garlic (Bärlauch) pesto

# add one spoonful of pesto to two large, or three medium, eggs per person (I havent tried this with large amounts of eggs, you may need to add less pesto).
# whisk.
# fry at low temperature, ideally with a good olive oil. When it's nicely set towards the sides, you could stick it under the grill for a minute or two to get the middle to set - then flip it, and give it another minute or two in the pan.

The intensity of the pesto makes for a really tasty omelette.
You can make a meal of this by adding cubed (cooked) potatoes and chopped (cooked) green beans.

An omelette with two or three eggs works well in my 18cm pan -- that's 7&1/8 inches (the base is about 13.5cm).
For two people, I prefer to make two small ones - but best experiment with your frying pan/s.

I have a couple of lovely carbon steel frying pans - that's iron that rusts, and *not* cast-iron. You can get them dirt cheap here (amazon.de), but the equivalent seems to be difficult to find on amazon.com
Great for omelettes, fried spuds, etc.

wraith808:
You can get them dirt cheap here (amazon.de), but the equivalent seems to be difficult to find on amazon.com
-tomos (September 01, 2015, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not at all.  There are many on amazon... just look up "carbon steel frying pans".  The one I have is from a local store, but I can also recommend these products that work well on them:

http://www.amazon.com/Ringer-Cleaner-Stainless-Steel-Chainmail/dp/B00FKBR1ZG/

http://www.amazon.com/Cast-Iron-Seasoning-Oil-Biodegradable/dp/B00UCLXH48/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version