ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder Recipe Sharing Thread

<< < (8/15) > >>

Renegade:
^ Just dried bakers yeast. Nothing special. You can get it at any grocer. I suppose someone who knows more about the topic could recommend a better yeast, but it's often easier to use non-specialized ingredients. e.g. cream of tartar might not be in your kitchen, but you might have a lemon or lemon juice.

Mongoplus:
Peanut Butter Apple Dessert

My mom, who's well-known in our community for her cooking, shared the recipe for this yummy layered dessert.  It's very popular with my husband.  He made it in a 9 x 13 pan for his men's Bible study group and ended up giving out the recipe!

Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Chilling Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours & 25 minutes
Servings: 20

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cups plus 1/3 cup peanut butter, divided
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 cans (21 ounces each) apple pie filling
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparations:

In a large bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup peanut butter and butter; spoon half into a 3-qt. bowl.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half over crumb mixture in the bowl. Top with one can of apple pie filling.

Combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon and remaining peanut butter until crumbly; sprinkle half over pie filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving (for at least 2 hours).

Nutritional Information:

Amount Per 1 Serving:

Calories: 310
Total Fats: 16g
Saturated Fat: 9g
Cholesterol: 19mg
Sodium: 160mg
Total Carbohydrates: 37g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Protein: 4g

Tinman57:
Peanut Butter Apple Dessert -Mongoplus (July 14, 2013, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

I went into diabetic shock just reading the ingredients!   :o   But it does sound delicious.....

KynloStephen66515:
Simple but delicious!

Pasta Bake:

Ingredients:

1 Bag of Pasta
Pasta Sauce of your choice
As much cheese as you can possibly stomach
Tortilla Chips

Prep:

Pre-heat the oven to 175c
Fill saucepan with water, add 1 table spoon of salt to the water
Bring water to the boil
Add pasta to the pan (As much as you want to eat...it tastes good the next day anyway)
Wait until the pasta is close to cooked and throw the pasta sauce into another pan, and cook until hot (DO NOT ALLOW THE SAUCE TO BOIL)
Add cheese to the sauce

Once the pasta is cooked, transfer to an oven dish and grate cheese on top...mix into the pasta. 
Add the sauce to the mix, and stir into the pasta so it is completely coated.
Grate cheese all over the top.
Add crushed Tortilla Chips over the cheese, then grate more cheese on top (Coat completely)

Place into the now heated oven for appx 15 minutes (Until you get a nice golden color on top) - If your oven has a grill point, it is always nice to grill the top for 5-10 minutes to give it some crispiness, but this is just my preference :)

Remove from the oven and serve piping hot.  Add more cheese to it if you want (I do) and add salt/pepper to taste.

barney:
Simple but delicious!

Pasta Bake:
-Stephen66515 (July 20, 2013, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Would love to find a way to bake that on ~four (4) inch tostadas - comfort food extraordinaire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version