ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

DonationCoder Recipe Sharing Thread

<< < (2/15) > >>

mouser:
Tinman, I might have to try your recipe just out of curiousity about how the cookies will taste when made with sugar substitute.

mouser:
Ok I'm going to post my only other unique invented recipe.  I'm quite proud of this dish because it is so unusual.

Mouser's Cheese-Fried Tofu with Vegetables:

Makes 1 serving.  The interesting trick with this dish is that the cheese basically fries the tofu in the bowl.  But it does mean you have to be fairly careful with the cooking times in the first stages because there is only a small window where the tofu is perfectly fried.

* Begin with 1 cup tofu, pressed dry and cut into half-inch cubes and place in microwave-safe bowl.
* Coat tofu cubes with soysauce (i premix my soy sauce with wasabi paste but this is not critical).
* Add 1/2 to 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese and toss with tofu.
* Cover and microwave for about 3 minutes.
* Remove from microwave and cut up the tofu-cheese if it is starting to bind together.
* Re-microwave again for about 1 minute.
* At this point you should have a lot of oil in your bowl which has separated from the cheese, and the tofu should have become somewhat crispy and chewy and dense.  This is the key -- if its too crunchy then you need to microwave for less time; if it's not crispy at all then you haven't microwaved it enough.
* Pour off the excess oil.
* Now add 1-2 cups of frozen (or fresh if you prefer) vegetables; i make my own mixtures of frozen vegetables with brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, zuchini, squash, corn, etc.
* Toss with a bit more soy sauce.
* Cover and microwave until vegetables are cooked -- should be about 4.5 minutes.
Note 1: A huge surprise to me was that i always hated cauliflower but love it in this dish.
Note 2: The quantities may have to be tweaked since I don't track quantities very accurately.

mouser:
Ok, ok one more post from me.

Mouser's Drink Concentrates

I'm big into preparing concentrates to add to sparkling water.  Here are two i make all the time; again i prepare large batches and freeze them in small containers so i can keep one out at a time.

Juice Concentrate:

* Brew some super strong jazmine green tea;  i put like half a cup of tea leaves and 2 cups hot water and let sit for 10 minutes or so, then drain out leaves.
* Then make a mix of 1/4 superstrong jazmine tea with 1/2 orange-pineapple frozen juice concentrate with 1/4 cranberry juice concentrate.
* Prepare in Squeeze Containers and freeze all but one at a time.

Chocolate Coffee Concentrate:
In a blender combine:

* Dried milk
* Ovaltine (or substitute)
* Chocolate Ovaltine (or substitute)
* Several ounces of espressor or strong coffee
* Whatever other sweetened chocolate stuff or instant coffee you might have around the house
* Enough water to make it into a thick syrup.
I serve this chocolate-coffee concentrate/syrup to combine with black tea, or to make an egg cream by combining with seltzer (sparkling water).

Tinman57:
Tinman, I might have to try your recipe just out of curiousity about how the cookies will taste when made with sugar substitute. -mouser (June 02, 2013, 07:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

I (and others) actually think this recipe taste better than the sugar made recipe's.  I love oatmeal cookies, but the regular sugar variety, no matter how made, have way too much sugar for us diabetics.  That's why I got to experimenting and created this sugar free recipe.  I have only shared this recipe with a few people, never thought I'd publish it anywhere.  Now the secret's out!   :o

mouser:
No one else wants to share a recipe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version