ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Bring back the BEEP!

<< < (2/4) > >>

pilgrim:
OK. Tried all the options, nothing worked.

Found the folder where I had worked on this before and BEEPx was already in it, I thought I recognised it when I ran it.
The date on the folder was July last year so I must have looked into this a couple of months after the PC was built.

For those more technically minded than I am I have some questions:

In Windows 7, Beep was rewritten to pass the beep to the default sound device for the session.
This is normally the sound card, except when run under Terminal Services, in which case the beep is rendered on the client.
--- End quote ---

1) The above quote was among the many things that I have read on this subject and the section I have highlighted in BOLD caught my attention.
I cannot pretend to understand the significance of this but if there is an exception is there no way to make use of it to trigger the onboard speaker?

2) From looking into the information on BEEPx, in particular the README in the download, it would appear that he has defined the problem and the program is his attempt to solve it.
If I am not mistaken the source code for BEEPx is available. As different people often approach the same problems from different perspectives has anybody got the time to have a look at it and see if it gives them any ideas?

app103:
I cannot access your second link or the direct download link, http://www.waldbauer.com/tmp/dl.php?download=beepx, they are both blocked.
I am offered the option to enter an unblock code which is provided, but when I do it just takes me back to the same page?
-pilgrim (June 01, 2013, 04:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just in case anyone else has troubles downloading the file, I attached it to this post.

If I am not mistaken the source code for BEEPx is available. As different people often approach the same problems from different perspectives has anybody got the time to have a look at it and see if it gives them any ideas?
-pilgrim (June 01, 2013, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it comes with the source, and that is in the attached file.

pilgrim:
Just in case anyone else has troubles downloading the file, I attached it to this post.-app103 (June 01, 2013, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for that, I tried from a couple of other IP Addresses and they were blocked as well.
I no longer had the original download from last year and the files I had didn't contain the source, probably because I knew I would never understand it.  :)

app103:
Thanks for that, I tried from a couple of other IP Addresses and they were blocked as well.
-pilgrim (June 02, 2013, 02:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a really weird site, with a lot of really weird rules,

(support in german but you're allowed to post in english too)
--- End quote ---

Just don't use Google Translator to translate the page from German to English.  ;)

pilgrim:
It's a really weird site-app103 (June 02, 2013, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought it said something about being in Vienna, perhaps it should have said Transylvania instead?  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version