ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personalyzed directory tree listing

<< < (2/6) > >>

Contro:
I have download a demo of Directory Opus
How can I obtain a txt file with the target field in the list ?

Best Regards

4wd:
Note3: I re-read your post and this doesnt work with shortcut files as you want - i.e. shows path to shortcut-tomos (May 30, 2013, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

It can if you choose to display the Target field, however it won't ouput a text file in the format Contro wants since you have to output the following headers:

Name        Target           Full Path

For a real file you'll only get Name and Full Path, for a shortcut you'll get all three fields, eg.

Name                                      Target                                    Full Path
SolusVM VPS Setup.pdf                                                   C:\Users\4wd\Desktop\SolusVM VPS Setup.pdf
test.avi - Shortcut                      U:\test.avi                     C:\Users\4wd\Desktop\test.avi - Shortcut.lnk

Tools->Print Folder

However, you could probably then easily massage the data in an editor.

tomos:
I have download a demo of Directory Opus
How can I obtain a txt file with the target field in the list ?-Contro (May 31, 2013, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

There may be another route but I -
Right-clicked column header and selected the columns (under 'General'):

then when printing see 4WD's post - or if you select "Current" in the Format section, it will show the current columns with the current column width

TaoPhoenix:
Freeware (if possible...) portable application for
obtain in a txt file a list of the files in a folder or in a tree folders structure with personalized fields.

By example :

Obtain a txt with name and extension followed by the complete path to the file
With possibility to exclude certain extensions or hidden files.

example.doc   x:\folder\subfolder\example.doc

and many other combinations of listing

Exist this software ?

I have found Karen's Directory Printer but is not enough.

I need for shortlinks that really point to the real file whenever it is when possible. So I need to read the real path to that file, not the .lnk extension file when is found in the folder.
so the program needs to make a complete read of the link and be able to export a personalyzed group of parameters....
Best Regards

Additionally is not intended to print in paper. Karen's software cuts the line when is too long.
-Contro (May 30, 2013, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Contro,

I have used and recommended Karen's directory printer for some time now, so I am a bit surprised that it isn't apparently doing a couple of things for you that I believe it is able to do.  You may still need a new program, but here are some notes:

1. "So I need to read the real path to that file, not the .lnk extension file when is found in the folder.." Fair, it doesn't resolve links into the real-files. However, in some ways, that also is a bit much to ask for the type of program it is - it reads the directory; so if you want the actual program, it's over in .../programs/...

So if you wanted all those programs, read that folder tree instead.

2. How are you seeing "cutting the line when it is too long"? When I have made directory reads, the only limiting factor was notepad/wordpad wrapping the line. I haven't seen Karen's Reader cutting lines on me. (XP).

Contro:
Freeware (if possible...) portable application for
obtain in a txt file a list of the files in a folder or in a tree folders structure with personalized fields.

By example :

Obtain a txt with name and extension followed by the complete path to the file
With possibility to exclude certain extensions or hidden files.

example.doc   x:\folder\subfolder\example.doc

and many other combinations of listing

Exist this software ?

I have found Karen's Directory Printer but is not enough.

I need for shortlinks that really point to the real file whenever it is when possible. So I need to read the real path to that file, not the .lnk extension file when is found in the folder.
so the program needs to make a complete read of the link and be able to export a personalyzed group of parameters....
Best Regards

Additionally is not intended to print in paper. Karen's software cuts the line when is too long.
-Contro (May 30, 2013, 03:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Contro,

I have used and recommended Karen's directory printer for some time now, so I am a bit surprised that it isn't apparently doing a couple of things for you that I believe it is able to do.  You may still need a new program, but here are some notes:

1. "So I need to read the real path to that file, not the .lnk extension file when is found in the folder.." Fair, it doesn't resolve links into the real-files. However, in some ways, that also is a bit much to ask for the type of program it is - it reads the directory; so if you want the actual program, it's over in .../programs/...

So if you wanted all those programs, read that folder tree instead.

2. How are you seeing "cutting the line when it is too long"? When I have made directory reads, the only limiting factor was notepad/wordpad wrapping the line. I haven't seen Karen's Reader cutting lines on me. (XP).
-TaoPhoenix (May 31, 2013, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

One handicap with KDP is that create a pdf ready to print in paper. But I have very long paths that is not possible to show in a single line....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version