ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personalyzed directory tree listing

(1/6) > >>

Contro:
Freeware (if possible...) portable application for
obtain in a txt file a list of the files in a folder or in a tree folders structure with personalized fields.

By example :

Obtain a txt with name and extension followed by the complete path to the file
With possibility to exclude certain extensions or hidden files.

example.doc   x:\folder\subfolder\example.doc

and many other combinations of listing

Exist this software ?

I have found Karen's Directory Printer but is not enough.

I need for shortlinks that really point to the real file whenever it is when possible. So I need to read the real path to that file, not the .lnk extension file when is found in the folder.
so the program needs to make a complete read of the link and be able to export a personalyzed group of parameters....

:-*

Best Regards

Additionally is not intended to print in paper. Karen's software cuts the line when is too long.

tomos:
Have a look at this one Contro - mini-review of SysExporter by IainB:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=32887.0
- I dont know can it do what you want though...

I think Directory Opus could do all this - then again maybe not - see Note3 below
flat view will show sub-folder contents
filter for filetypes
add relevant columns
menu: Tools >Print Folder Listing => filter for filetypes in this dialogue

*.txt files in CHS installName                    Ext     Location                                                       Modified

Backups                         C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
  README.txt            txt     C:\Program File...\Clipboard Help+Spell\Backups        2005-08-08 23:16
Database                        C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2011-07-25 17:19
  README.txt            txt     C:\Program Fil...\Clipboard Help+Spell\Database        2005-07-21 02:28
Dictionaries                    C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
PresetFormats                   C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
PresetViews                     C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
Sounds                          C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
Tools                           C:\Program Files (x86)\Clipboard Help+Spell            2012-11-29 22:31
  README.txt            txt     C:\Program Files...\Clipboard Help+Spell\Tools         2011-10-09 19:16

Note1: folders seem to get included anyway
Note2: need to allow lots of space for the filepath - or they get corrupted as above
Note3: I re-read your post and this doesnt work with shortcut files as you want - i.e. shows path to shortcut

but of course it's far from free ...

tomos:
I wont edit that post above again ;D

Dopus also has a column to show target of shortcut

SpoilerName                            Ext     Location                        Target

New Folder                              Z:\Temp\TERST
ExifPro 2.1                     lnk     Z:\Temp\TERST                   C:\Program Files\ExifPro 2.1\ExifPro.exe
Illustrator                     lnk     Z:\Temp\TERST                   C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS4\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
NoisewareSE portable            lnk     Z:\Temp\TERST                   C:\Portable\Noiseware Standard Edition\NoisewareSE.exe

Contro:
Ouwwwwww.

SysExporter seems different
Not for listing a folder to a txt file with fields personalizables.....

Directory Opus is not free.

Filelister 3.6 very very simple

Contro:
I have tried or trying these

Freecommander portable
fileList Creator portable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version