ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera 15 Preview

<< < (6/8) > >>

pilgrim:
XP.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/browsers/f/removeiexp.htm
Unfortunately, there is no safe method to remove Internet Explorer from Windows XP.

Internet Explorer is more than just a browser. It works as an underlying technology behind a number of internal Windows XP processes including updating, basic Windows functionality and more.

There are methods outlined on some other websites that appear to completely uninstall Internet Explorer and provide workarounds for the problems that removing it causes, but I don't recommend them.
In my experience, removing IE causes too many problems to be worth it, even with the workarounds.
--- End quote ---

Windows 7.

http://lifehacker.com/5164286/windows-7-lets-you-finally-uninstall-internet-explorer-kinda
Since Internet Explorer's rendering engine is also used throughout Windows and with third-party applications as an embeddable component, it won't completely uninstall—only the executable is actually removed.
--- End quote ---

allen:
Can we please talk about Opera not IE? :)

allen:
-allen (June 04, 2013, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Guess not. Development is SLOW. . . still so much critical stuff missing, why did they release it so early on in development?

TaoPhoenix:
--- End quote ---

Guess not. Development is SLOW. . . still so much critical stuff missing, why did they release it so early on in development?
-allen (June 20, 2013, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

My guess is that because they made a big splash saying they were ditching Presto, they had to release a "placeholder" issue. It's fairly common when a company does big structural internal work - you release something a bit rough on the edges and hope to polish it later. The signature case is MS's Windows Vista.

allen:
--- End quote ---

-allen (June 20, 2013, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

My guess is that because they made a big splash saying they were ditching Presto, they had to release a "placeholder" issue. It's fairly common when a company does big structural internal work - you release something a bit rough on the edges and hope to polish it later. The signature case is MS's Windows Vista.
-TaoPhoenix (June 20, 2013, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

There was quite a bit of lag between them saying "We're ditching presto" and them releasing the place holder. I could understand if this came out shortly, but... after waiting that long, release something that gives hope. Or wait until you've got something worth showing.

Google Chrome would be a better example--they announced it, pretty much immediately released it. That initial release was comparable to (though a bit more fleshed out) Opera 15--and they rapidly improved it and haven't slowed down since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version