topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday April 24, 2024, 12:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Desktop Window  (Read 3638 times)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Desktop Window
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:33 PM »
This is a small app that I made to bring my desktop topmost to allow me quick access to my icons/folders on my desktop. Win+D is ok, but if you don't press Win+D after you are done on your desktop and just bring up one window it does not restore the windows back the way you had them. This does the opposite and brings the desktop up to the top and then when another window is in focus (or the Escape key is pressed) the desktop is restored. I use and like it a lot. There is an installer and a portable version... and it's free. There are 2 videos I made showing that drag and drop work nicely with it also.

This does not work with multi-screen systems, sorry. :-(

http://starpunch.blogspot.com/2013/06/desktop-window.html

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Desktop Window
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Interesting, Chris.

As an example of alternative workflows, it's interesting that your choice is about the *desktop*, because I consider that among the easiest places to get to. However, just for the sake of "different folks", I do it with TranDesk Desktop Splitter, because at the click of the mouse in the tray, I get "copies" of my desktop instantly. So then I can access the stuff there just about as quick.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Re: Desktop Window
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 01:11 PM »
I used virtual desktops before, but I didn't care for it. I like how this works with my daily work tasks. Hope others find is just as helpful, though I do admit there is not much to the help file or settings, but I don't see a real need to have any settings just yet.