ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The DonationCoder.com 30-Day Healthy Eating and Exercise Challenge!

<< < (8/18) > >>

allen:
I've been meticulously watching calorie intake, staying below my BMR and riding my bicycle 5-6 days a week, as weather permits.  I feel physically and mentally fantastic, a far cry from the funk I've been in the last year or so.

Mouser, buy some dark chocolate--there are a ton of studies that indicate eaten in moderation it's not just ok, it's good for you. Antioxidants, lower blood pressure, happiness (because dark chocolate is better than no chocolate!)...

On my side it is difficult to exercise (interesting times ahead), so not using the lift, parking further from the office, and giving a walk is all I can do...
-soulwanderer (May 30, 2013, 05:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

There's nothing wrong with walking, soulwanderer! It's exercise, and infinitely better for you than a bag of potato chips on the couch.

Edit: And I picked up one of these: Fitbit One -- so awesome.

wraith808:
Mouser, buy some dark chocolate--there are a ton of studies that indicate eaten in moderation it's not just ok, it's good for you. Antioxidants, lower blood pressure, happiness (because dark chocolate is better than no chocolate!)...
-allen (May 30, 2013, 06:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Even better... what I've gotten as a treat is dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, with no added sugar!  It's not as sweet as a normal treat, but it is still good.

allen:
Even better... what I've gotten as a treat is dark chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, with no added sugar!  It's not as sweet as a normal treat, but it is still good.
-wraith808 (May 30, 2013, 07:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

That sounds amazing, and what a combination of textures in there!

Joe Hone:
Just to check in, I've been slow jogging daily down a dirt road exactly 4/10 of a mile long. First day was a struggle, but today down and back without slowing my pace. I hope to double the distance each week but we'll see.

Carol Haynes:
Check in ...

Good with food (lots of salad, veg and fruit, small amounts of meat) except for Wednesday when I went to the theatre and ended up eating out!

Exercise not so good - been suffering from insomnia and it is very hard to get motivated to do anything much. Even cello practice has suffered in the last week!

Alcohol - couple of glasses of red wine ... that's it folks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version