ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The DonationCoder.com 30-Day Healthy Eating and Exercise Challenge!

<< < (6/18) > >>

Edvard:
Most beers have calorie counts printed on the label AFAIK, but I'm not a drinker, so my knowledge is a bit limited.  After doing a little searching on the 'net, the highest calorie content I could find is 313 calories in Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot*, which doesn't seem like a horrible amount to me.  Most, or probably all, of that comes from carbohydrates in the brew, so your exercise should be tailored to burning off carbs.  Trouble is, beer also contains alcohol (duh), which is a depressant, so exercise will seem less appealing and probably feel more difficult after relaxing with a pint (or two).  
My recommendation?  I'm no exercise guru, but I'd say calculate how much you'll most likely be drinking and the calories thereof,  and adjust your exercise accordingly.  And for pete's sake don't drink any just before naps or bedtime.  That will prod your system to metabolize and store the carbohydrates (quick energy source) into fat (long-term energy source).

*Data from:
http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
http://www.fitsugar.com/Calories-Popular-Beers-1504697

allen:
I like to have the beer AFTER exercise -- depressant or not, it's a great motivator in that capacity.

barney:
 :up: :up: :up: for motivation  :P!

Edvard:
 ;D You may have something there, Allen.
Which is why I said adjust your exercise regimen accordingly.  No use drinking back what you just took off :P
Back when I was a drinker (oh, so long ago...) I'd drink it whenever it was available, and that was often to my detriment, which is why I don't anymore.  
You natural moderation folks puzzle me so... :huh:

barney:

You natural moderation folks puzzle me so... :huh:
-Edvard (May 26, 2013, 08:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Natural moderation is as follows:

* Drinking problem?
* Drink, get drunk, fall down.
* No Problem.
So?  Where's the puzzle :-\?

Navigation

[0] Message Index