ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The DonationCoder.com 30-Day Healthy Eating and Exercise Challenge!

<< < (17/18) > >>

allen:
I'm down about 40lbs and in the best shape I've been in... a long time. I've definitely been in the "a little bit every once in a while" camp, life isn't worth it without the little pleasures.

Renegade:
On the healthy eating front, I did have a mini-break down. Had a small bag of cookies and some chocolate covered raisins, but not too bad.

I've pretty much swapped out cola (that I use for mixing most often), and subbed in a much healthier drink, though I'm not using it for mixer: water, lemon or lime juice, stevia for sweetener. It's actually really, really good.

The lemon/lime juice is just that bottled stuff off the shelf, and isn't nearly as nice as fresh lemon/lime, but it's easy, convenient, and I can simply keep the bottle on my desk along with the bottle of stevia (liquid) and a pitcher of water. That makes it easier to avoid going to the kitchen, chopping a lemon, juicing it, cleaning up, etc. Much faster this way.

Liquid stevia is nice. You only need a few drops. It's really simple to just have those 2 bottles and a pitcher of water on my desk.

I'm down about 40lbs and in the best shape I've been in... a long time. I've definitely been in the "a little bit every once in a while" camp, life isn't worth it without the little pleasures.
-allen (October 04, 2013, 11:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow! That's fantastic!

I managed to lose a lot of weight a few years back, but gained it all back. I'm not "fat", but could still lose a bit. I've adjusted my diet again, so I'm expecting to lose some more now.

One of the ways I lost weight before was to consume a lot of limes. Worked like a charm. I wasn't even trying to lose the weight. I just cut out sugar 100%, ate purely food I could cut with a knife and eat raw, and drank water with lots, and lots of lime.

mouser:
My mother has been raving about the Fit Bit device -- any other users besides allen?

Deozaan:
http://www.fitbit.com/one

$100 for a pedometer with an alarm? :o

I already have a device that can do all that and more. It's called a smartphone.

wraith808:
http://www.fitbit.com/one

$100 for a pedometer with an alarm? :o

I already have a device that can do all that and more. It's called a smartphone.
-Deozaan (May 26, 2014, 01:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course people said the same sort of reductionist things about the iPhone, and the iPad, and the iPad mini, but in reality, they were a lot more.  Same with this one.  I don't have it (nor want it, as most of them are not waterproof), but what I do have, while it might resemble the same is a whole lot more... and these appear to be so also.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version