ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

What controls tool bar background color

(1/4) > >>

cathie28:
In the attached screen of SSC 4.3 in Vista using a  Vista Basic Theme w/ modified colors, SSC's tool bars are pretty dark blue gray, making it fairly hard to see some icons that are similar color.  What controls the color of the top & side tool bar background color?  There aren't any  editable choices in SSC for this color, that I see.  There aren't any USER SET colors in Vista's Appearance & Settings, close to this color, it it's getting the color from Windows.

In Preferences >More Interface Options, the 1st box (on left) is for canvas background.  Selecting colors from that drop list (though many of the colors have names for other objects attached to them) changes SSC's main background to the color selected
There's a 2nd box to R of it that doesn't say what it's for & I can't see it has an effect on anything.  in the 2nd box's list, there are objects like clMenu & clMenuBar w/ colors assigned to them, but I see no way to change colors for those items.  Also a "Custom" option in the 2nd box's drop list.  I see no effect from changes there, either.

tomos:
I think it's to do with the windows theme (not sure if you mean Aero when you say 'basic theme')
See below - image (also in quote) is from Windows 7 - if you can find the equivalent setting in Vista it might do the trick.

Might be just a case of changing "window colour" to grey and making it light (vary intensity).
 (see attachment in previous post)
-tomos (April 10, 2013, 04:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

my SC looks like this:

cathie28:
Thanks.  You have Windows 7 - not Vista.

In Vista, there is a style of theme called Aero (as you mentioned), another called Vista Basic - which may impose that blue gray on toolbars of apps that use Windows colors.
Switching to Windows Classic theme (which appears to be what mouser used, in another post), causes SSC toolbars to turn brown.  But using Aero vs Vista Basic doesn't change SSC toolbar colors.  Mouser probably knows where it gets the top & side toolbar color, depending on Windows version.

That doesn't explain what all those other color selections in SSC prefs >"More Interface Options" are (many that don't seem to do anything, except possibly SHOW you what's used), but don't have options to change colors.

The dark blue - gray is too close to several icons.  Before I get some Vista power tweaking toy (only to find I can't change toolbar color in SSC), I'd kinda like to know where it gets its colors.  Internally, or from Vista.  If Vista, which color for which object does it use for the toolbars, or if it can / can not be tweaked w/ some Vista UI / theme tweaking utility.

tomos:
Thanks.  You have Windows 7 - not Vista-cathie28 (May 20, 2013, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, I got that:
image (also in quote) is from Windows 7 - if you can find the equivalent setting in Vista it might do the trick-tomos (May 20, 2013, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

cathie28:
Calling Dr. Mouser - where does SSC get the color for the Top & side tool bar background, in Vista (blue gray, shown in my screen shot)?  Can it be changed?

tomos - Thanks.  Don't make me come over there.  :)  Was just stating there's a difference in systems; thanks for suggestion, but the color for "window" or "window color" don't seem to do the same thing in Vista & W-7.
There's a setting FOR "window" in Vista, that affects some apps & most Windows backgrounds, but doesn't affect the tool bar in any app, that I can see. 

I don't see the color SSC uses for toolbars, anywhere else in Windows (that I can tell).  AFAIK, no Vista native apps or 3rd party apps use that dark of a blue - gray for tool bars.   Even Notepad, Wordpad, etc., use much lighter colors for tool bars & menu bars - w/ my current settings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version