ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

MySQL hacked

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tinman57:
I have - but a lot more malicious activity has occurred since.

FWIW I have lost total confidence in nativespace.co.uk - I have been using them for a number of years and am paying a premium price because they are doing daily backups offsite. Now turns out they take the money and don't do the backups.

Up shit creek in a big way. -Carol Haynes (May 21, 2013, 02:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

This site may be of some help:

Additional resources: hacked sites
We understand that having your site hacked is extremely frustrating, and that the cleanup process can be difficult. Fortunately, there are a number of great articles, blogs, tools, and companies that can help you restore and secure your site. For the record, StopBadware does not curate or maintain these resources.
--- End quote ---

https://www.stopbadware.org/hacked-sites-resources

mouser:
I'm so sorry to hear of your site trouble carol -- it could happen to anyone.  Try to stay calm and just do what you can do.

Carol Haynes:
Thanks - getting there slowly.

Not helped by the data centre not maintaining backups as promised.

Today they restored a backup from 2012!!! Then, having spent half the afternoon working on it, they suddenly restored all the corrupted websites again undoing everything I had achieved (well mostly as I was backing up as I went along).

Why does this sort of crap give script kiddies such a thrill - it isn't even as if they see me squirm! Bastards should be castrated!

rgdot:
Not sure if mentioned already-  or if you want to - but I would be curious which host this is?

Carol Haynes:
A VPS on nativespace.co.uk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version