ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to prevent screen flickering when scrolling chrome? (nvidia issue)

<< < (2/4) > >>

urlwolf:
This didn't happen on any app with any nvidia drivers but this one. This one is ancient, 261.28. But HP seems to believe that if you want to use your computer for audio or video, you have to use that ancient driver because they have not bothered to test newer drivers. It's insulting. They are the most incompetent company in the history of humanity. It took 30 min of me explaining the problem in their support chat to realize that they sent me to the wrong dept. (printers!). The experience cannot be worse. I now belive HP is the most incompetent company I know.

Tinman57:
This didn't happen on any app with any nvidia drivers but this one. This one is ancient, 261.28. But HP seems to believe that if you want to use your computer for audio or video, you have to use that ancient driver because they have not bothered to test newer drivers. It's insulting. They are the most incompetent company in the history of humanity. It took 30 min of me explaining the problem in their support chat to realize that they sent me to the wrong dept. (printers!). The experience cannot be worse. I now belive HP is the most incompetent company I know.
-urlwolf (May 15, 2013, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you go to the nVidia update site, they have an online app that looks at your card, drivers, OS and other things and tells you which update you need.  It saves a lot of time searching manually.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

urlwolf:
All nvidia drivers from nvidia produce high DPC latency.

Carol Haynes:
How about simply uninstalling the card and trying the one from MS update if there is one. The drivers usually do the job but are pretty basic - having said that there seem to be fewer latency issues.

Tinman57:
DPC latency -urlwolf (May 16, 2013, 12:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

And again, something else that I don't have problems with.  Back in the W95 days I had a problem with that, but an updated driver solved the problem.  DPC latency can come from many different factors, like Bios, USBPORT.SYS, USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, dxgkrnl.sys, DirectX Graphics Kernel, ataport.SYS, ATAPI Driver extension, CIE power management (and any other power savings options, HPET (Bios setting).  Not to mention software running in the background.  Best bet, update all your hardware drivers, and if that don't work, try the MS Knowledge Base or other help sites.  If you can't find any help, try an internet search for DPC Latency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version