ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

How to prevent screen flickering when scrolling chrome? (nvidia issue)

(1/4) > >>

urlwolf:
Turns out making music with a windows PC is a lot harder that it seems. You need to kill any DPC latency, by uninstalling drivers sequentially till there are no conflicts.
After a long fight against DPCs, I got my HP elitebook 8540w in top notch state. It was a few hrs of my time, learning about debugging methods no human should know about :)

But the catch is... only an old version of the nvidia driver makes my PC DPC-free. I had to download ~10 versions back in time. Finally I have a file named 261.28-sp51482-nvidia-driver-THE ONE THAT WORKS on my HD :D

Using this old nvidia there is a side problem: scrolling in chrome produces flickering. It's only when chrome is using the full height of my screen (1400 px). When I make the window small, it's barely noticeable.

Any idea about how to get the original smooth scroll back?
Workarounds?

How nvidia and HP are still in business is a mystery to me.

Carol Haynes:
Hate to say it but did you check to see if that as an issue fixed in new driver build?

How about the original graphic driver from HP? Does that suffer the same problem.

I suppose you could always cut your losses and just swap to FireFox or even Internet Explorer.

Reducing latency for DAWs usually means keeping it lean and mean, preferably not even connected to the internet and therefore no need for security software etc.

urlwolf:
If I move up on nvidia versions, I lose the DPC-free setup... Sucks.

urlwolf:
Actually, anything that scrolls smoothly (IE, firefox) will do this flickering.
I live inside a vm anyway, I don't want to touch anything on the host... but the vm is (of course) also affected by the flickering...

Tinman57:
  If this is only happening with Chrome, I would think it's a Chrome issue and not nVidia.  I have an HP computer and an nVidia GPU myself, and I haven't had any of these problems.  I am one update behind on my graphics drivers which I plan on installing this week....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version