ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Bookmarks and Settings Sync?

<< < (2/2)

MilesAhead:
The original author of SyncPlaces,SortPlaces,CheckPlaces has abandoned those AddOns. But they are being maintained available for download.  If you have your own FTP access you can sync using SyncPlaces.  The fly in the ointment seems to be if the FTP uses a port other than the default.  I cannot find anyplace to put the port number in SyncPlaces.

http://daniel-lange.com/archives/71-SyncPlaces,-SortPlaces-...-preserving-these-and-other-excellent-Firefox-add-ons.html

Edit: what I'm doing as workaround is just syncing using a file on the HD.  Now and then I upload the file to FTP using FileZilla.

4wd:
The fly in the ointment seems to be if the FTP uses a port other than the default.  I cannot find anyplace to put the port number in SyncPlaces.-MilesAhead (January 22, 2014, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was after I chose FTP, BTW.

MilesAhead:
It likes the port.  But I get "unrecognized user or password." I just checked with FileZilla and that connects fine.

Edit: likely the encryption is messing it up.  I'm not sure what all these encryption protocols are.  So I don't really know if SyncPlaces supports them.

4wd:
Edit: likely the encryption is messing it up.  I'm not sure what all these encryption protocols are.  So I don't really know if SyncPlaces supports them.-MilesAhead (January 23, 2014, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

So you're using FTPSw (FTP over SSL/TLS) or S/FTPw (FTP over SSH) ?

MilesAhead:
FTP over SSL/TLS
is it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version